Tresaith Bootcamps 2015

I really, really hope I have the money this time around.

1 Like

I am hoping to be a ‘first-time bootcamper’ in 2015 and hope to get in on the July one as it is the only one I can do due to work commitments. Will be practicing hard over the winter and spring in the hope that by then the prospect will not be quite so daunting as it feels now! Will keep a look out for booking in details. Lyn

1 Like

hi…my partner and i have are definitely needing to come to bootcamp ( april if possible) - we’re halfway through course two and have done all the available challenges too…we talk to each other in welsh alot ( annoys the noe welsh speaking kids no end !) but of course we often don’t know if we are making mistakes so exposure to proper welsh speaking would be great…we dont get out much to practice !

1 Like

Okay. Just throwing some thoughts around. I have just had six months leave without pay approved for the second half of July 2015. Guess where I intend to spend it? I will be living in Corris, Gwynedd, managing a small studio. However, I will also be helping manage a house (in Dolgellau) on air B&B. The owners are Welsh learners and have basically offered a 30% house discount for learners. So, if numbers are tight on Bootcamps there may be an opportunity for repeat Bootcampers to do unofficial group holidays in Dolgellau. I will be looking for opportunities to practice my Welsh. I am basically happy to help coordinate. I believe some of my Aussie classmates are considering making the trip. I am urging them to do Bootcamp and come onto Dolgellau afterwards. Anyway, that’s the plan. Just thought I’d throw it into the discussion as we are starting to make plans. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s really exciting Elizabeth! And a great idea to organise something in Dolgellau.

Helo Iestyn,

Are you in a position at the moment to say approximately when booking might open, or won’t it be until 2015?

Diolch o flaen llaw!

Mike

Hi Mike. Booking for the first two (April, June) will be opening imminently. July and September will open early in 2015. Hope that helps!

Iestyn

1 Like

Diolch Iestyn! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I am a definite for the july bootcamp. I am planning to some over from Holland with or without my husband in the camper. Hubbie wont be attending bootcamp :slight_smile:

I am really looking forward to it.

Warm wishes,

Elkie

Hi, I would like to be part of the bootcamp April 25 to May 2, 2015. I need to have details how to go about this. I live in Sydney, Australia. I need to book airfares very soon. I’ve been learning Welsh for the last couple of years. A friend, Louis, came to the bootcamps in the last couple of years.

Hwyl Elizabeth

1 Like

We should have booking details/links up before the end of the week, so keep an eye on this thread and you’ll be one of the first to know… :sunny:

Diolch yn fawr Aran. Dwi’n hapus iawn i gael yr ateb yn gyflym. Gobeithio dwi’n gallu bwcio cyn ddydd Gwener 12 achos roedd hediadau rhad o Sydney i Llundain.

Dwi’n gallu darllen a ysgrifennu Cymraeg ond dwi ddim yn siarad yn dda iawn.

Hwyl Elizabeth

1 Like

It’s not just me obsessively checking this thread, then.

2 Likes

I’m just setting up the dates/payment details for the first 4 confirmed Bootcamps, so they’ll be in here in the tantalisingly near future… :sunny:

2 Likes

They’ve been set up and shared with Iestyn, so now it’s just a matter of when he next gets a chance to be online… :sunny:

Hi Aran,

To let you know I want to be in Tresaith Bootcamp 25 April to May 2. However it’s late Friday 12 Dec here now in Sydney, so I’ll have to leave checking the internet tonight until tomorrow.

Hwyl Elizabeth

Hi Liz. Have only just seen this. I would love to come and join you in Corris or Dolgellau - perhaps using Aberdyfi as my base. Karen and Crispin are tantalisingly close too. The only thing is that I would probably be restricted to the 1st week in the summer holidays (ie end of July), as we do intend to go to Australia for 3 weeks in August. I might also be a bit restricted with looking after my step-mother and having to use public transport.
On a separate note, we’ve just had an email from 2 of our children to say that they have met up (with their partners) in Melbourne today. Mixed feelings…I would so love to give them a hug - either here in York or there in Australia - but I am really pleased that they have all met up safely.
Your plans look really exciting. If I can’t meet you in Australia, the least I can do is try and meet up with you in Wales some time over those 6 months! Will you have time to travel to England or Scotland?
Carys

For anyone who’s following this thread looking for updates on Bootcamp dates - the first two are now available, as you’ll see if you look at the ‘Bootcamp’ section:

http://forum.saysomethingin.com/category/welsh/bootcamp

:sunny:

1 Like

Diolch Aran!

For those who’ve written above about your interest, I hope I’ve PMed you all.

July and September bootcamps will be released in the new year.

3 Likes

Hi Carys. I will be leaving Australia on 26th of July. What a shame I won’t be in Australia to see you. But maybe next time… I would love to catch up when I am in Wales some time. I will be staying in Corris at Stiwdio Maelor but hope to join the SSiW group in Dolgellau at the pub each week. I’d love to see you whenever you come to Wales. I may be able to travel, depending on how busy we are at the Stiwdio. Lots’ to think about and look forward to. :slight_smile: I hope your kid’s meeting went well.