Tresaith Bootcamps 2015

I’m aiming for the July Tresaith bootcamp because of the Eisteddfod…is it “near” Tresaith this year or next?

Unfortunately the National Eisteddfod is over in the East both this year (Meifod) and next (Y Fenni).

Ah well. How far out are the locations planned?

EDIT: If Google is to be believed it appears as though there’s some debate over the 2017 location…

The location for this year was announced in February last year. Just under 18 months for the local groups to arrange one heck of a show! The only pattern is North South North South while the Urdd is South North South North. There is frequent discussion about having a fixed location but while it might be more practical few people would be happy about it.

Hi there I am fairly new to SSIW and currently on module seven. I am very interested in the Tresaith boot camps but not being good with computers and having tried to use Facebook and failed to get to grips with it, I have no idea how to get information on cost or how to book. Can anybody help please. Thank you. Regards. Cliff

Cliff, if you go to the thread on this forum called ‘Booking: Tresaith Bootcamp, April 2015’ or the one called ‘Booking, Tresaith Bootcamp, July 2015’ (depending on which date you’re interested in), each has a message from Iestyn giving details of that course and a link you can just click on that will take you to the booking site. Once you’re on the booking site, as far as I remember, it’s fairly simple to put your details in the form and give payment information.

Hi Cliff - great that you’re off to a good start :star: - do please be aware, though, that we ask people to have finished Course 1+vocab lessons and/or Level 1 before booking a Bootcamp - if you sign up for Bootcamp earlier than that, you’re unlikely to get the best results from the experience.

Hello Sara & Aran, thank you very much for responding to my query. Based on your response it seems I have a lot more work to do before I can consider attending a boot camp so Tresaith in 2016 would appear to be a more realistic goal for me at the moment. Your help is much appreciated! Kind Regards Cliff

That sounds like an excellent aim, Cliff! :sunny:

We’ll look forward to meeting you there, Cliff!

Thanks both, I will now be working hard towards my aim of attending Tresaith in 2016! Cheers. Cliff

Not to be advised, but I met someone at bootcamp who said she had done level 1 in 2 1/2 months. She said this at the start of the week. At the end of the week she confessed she had actually done level 1 in 2 1/2 weeks. Now I think she was quite extraordinary, but I think all Welsh learners are quite extraordinary and you could be too. Just put in the work before hand, but don’t think you have to be ‘ready’, whatever that means, before going to Bootcamp.

Would anyone like to share this flat next to the canolfan Tresaith the week of the April bootcamp, 25 April-2 May, with me?
http://www.tresaith.net/tyllewsaes.html

I am not sure how being next door would slot into the official bootcamp, other than ( I assume) socializing with the group in the Canolfan, on the beach or in The Ship when they aren’t out on challenges or activities. I will be coming after attending the northern bootcamp and am just wanting to interact further with learners/speakers in Wales a bit longer. Sharing a flat would definitely be more cost effective than other options but it would be great if I could book it soon, as the other two are not available that week!

Hwyl, Deb

1 Like

I am lucky enough to live close by so I can come and go during the week, but for those that have been to a bootcamp already and just can’t keep away this sounds ideal.

I think June would be fine for me - is that 20 to 27 June? Hopefully working in machynlleth will give plenty of welsh speaking opportunity as dw i newydd ddechrau dysgu Cymraeg a bydda i’n ymarfer a mwynhau fo mwy.

Best wishes
Kate

Hi Aran
I have just booked for one week bootcamp from 12th September. Is this going ahead or do I need to be switched to the following week. I need to know very soon as I have to make arraingements for cover at home.
Conrad Bryant

Hi Conrad,

You might want this post to go more directly to Iestyn as he makes more decisions about the Tresaith bootcamps.

I don’t know how to highlight people’s names otherwise I would do it for you.

It’ll be a great experience, whichever one you go for.

Hi Iestyn
Can you reply to my post abovr re the 12th September bootcamp please
Conrad Bryant

@margaretnock , you just put the (at) symbol at the beginning of the username - no spaces between. It should come up with a list of usernames based on what you’ve typed. Just select the one you want and it’s there!

So, to get @Iestyn 's attention, this should do it!

@faithless78 Thank you.

1 Like