Tresaith Bootcamp - Sept 2014

Helo Patricia

The bootcamp starts on Saturday 20th September.
You can find a pdf timetable from Aberteifi (sic) to Tresaith (last bit by request) here:
http://planner.traveline-cymru.info/pdfs/timetables/CGFO554.pdf
The Traveline Cymru site is very useful for planning travel by all public transport, by the way.

Wela i ti cyn bo hir
Huw

PS The Cardi bach timetable for 2013 can be found here but I haven’t located a current one.
http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/utilities/action/act_download.cfm?mediaid=48920&langtoken=eng

Thank you, Huw.
And does Bootcamp end on the next Saturday or Friday, please?

Oops - belay my last post. I found that it’s Saturday to Saturday

@Toulouse2 and @Huw: Thanks for the info! I guess I will play it by ear, but will definitely bring swim gear just in case.

Also, reading about this Icelandic volcano is making me nervous - selfish as it may be, I sure hope it doesn’t erupt and cause an ash event that prevents transatlantic flights!

@joanie
I definitely think you should bring your swimming stuff. I should have confessed in my remarks that I have become a heat-seeking wimp in my old age although I swam regularly in the North Sea and lochs (including Loch Ness) during my Scottish up-bringing. I can confirm that bootcampers who have swum off Tresaith’s lovely beach all seem to have enjoyed it. Has anyone mentioned that we have a thriving population of dolphins in Cardigan Bay?

Here’s hoping that the Icelandic fire gods stay asleep till you have safely returned.

We swam several times in the course of April bootcamp and I would expect September temperatures to be positively balmy by comparison. Clwb nofio will be in session before breakfast and again late afternoon prior to a pre-supper meeting with Reverend James yn yr Long.

Perhaps attention may be welcome from the the Nordic gods after arrival in the UK to extend visits. No-one really wants to go home after a week yn Gmraeg yn Nhresaith.

I’ll be around through the week with my wife Helen who is the real Bootcampwr. I’m just along for a holiday this time.

Hwyl am y tro.

Hywel John

Are there any spaces on sept boitcamp? I dont know how to apply? Is there an october one? Thanks

You may find this link useful: http://old.saysomethingin.com/welsh/viewforum.php?f=33

In addition to the above, the first post in the September thread may not have been updated in some time; as such, the bootcamp could be fully booked; I couldn’t tell you.

I’m afraid it’s been fully booked for some time.

https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201409200000/rcq

(I know because I’m one of those on the waiting list!). :smile:

Hi John Thomas I would be very grateful for a lift from cardiff if that is ok with you, if so let me know where in cardiff and what time.

Diolch Dale Earnhardt

@joanie & @GB101
Please see my PMs about Tresaith arrangements. :slight_smile:
Huw

Just a little over 2 weeks to go!

Pob lwc, pawb. Cewch llawr o hwyl ;).

(Good luck everyone; you’ll have lots of fun ;).)

Is there internet in the canolfan ?

see you all soon !

There isn’t any internet in the centre itself, but there is wifi in the local pub. But really, you shouldn’t be spending ages on the internet - that defeats the whole point of the week spent entirely in Welsh…

Hi John THomas, please forget my last message about asking for a lift as I have decided to keep the hire car as I have to get to nottingham after the bootcamp. Once again thanks for the offer.

Diolch Dale

@Dale: No problem. If things change between now and then, just let me know. Only now catching up on forum activity after a really busy couple of weeks, so apologies for the late reply. Not long to go now! Cyffrous iawn! :slight_smile:

Just a reminder for anyone coming from abroad that your coming on holiday; not to study as this can cause you entry problems.
Hopefully, I’ll bump into everyone as I wend my way to Gwynedd later this week.

Hi all :slight_smile: Not to be impolite, but I have some money questions.

• How much cash should we have on hand?
  • Is there a cash point in Tresaith or within walking distance?
  • Do the places bootcampers tend to frequent accept credit/debit cards (specifically of the not chip-and-pin variety?

Diolch o flaen llaw,

Joanie

Helo Joanie

Money questions are important and not at all impolite :slight_smile:

1. £20 a day each should be an adequate start provided you are willing to visit a hole in the wall later in the week.
  2. I don’t think there are any cash points in Tresaith but our daily trips should take you to one several times in the week
  3. I would not advise relying on credit/debit cards for small purchases or small shops in rural Wales. You’ll be fine in supermarkets or tourist-orientated shops, however. Nearly all credit / debit card outlets in the UK are chip & pin (no signature) but there are a growing number of places which allow contactless payments up to about £20-ish. Remind me to tell you about the differences between US and UK credit card practices on our journey to Tresaith. (Forget traveller’s cheques by the way).

Wela i chi dau yn fuan iawn.
Huw