Tresaith Bootcamp - Sept 2014

Sut Mae Pawb,

I though I’d start a separate thread for the September Bootcampers !

Huw and Joani (and husband I think) and myself are all going, I think there are a couple of other folks too. Though, they are being very shy so far and not said hello. I am in the middle of brushing up on the vocab units from course 1 & 2 in preparation. I still can’t quite believe I am doing this, .

Dwi’n edrych ymlaen eich weld chi’n fuan.

Gethyn.

OK - Hello - I’m coming too. I’ve only completed course 1 so I’ll expect lots of help!

I went to my first conversation group last Saturday - In Washington DC - and felt like a deer in the headlights. (Maybe that’s ‘rabbit in the headlights’ in the UK?) But I enjoyed it a lot. Perhaps three more of those before boot camp will make a difference.

don’t know what else to say

Patricia

You’ve said plenty, Patricia. I look forward to meeting you mis Medi.
Next time you’re at the Washington conversation group, try to collar my friend Diane/Tahl. She’s a great dysgwr role model and will give you all the lowdown and encouragement you need.

Deer or rabbits are both caught in our headlights here but, statistically it’s more likely to be sheep. :slight_smile:

Hi Patricia! My husband’s only in the course 1 vocabs, so he won’t be too far ahead (if at all) of you.

Thanks for starting this thread here, Gethyn. I will be eagerly watching for some more of us September bootcampers to pop up in and show themselves. :wink: I think all but one slot is full for the bootcamp, based on the booking link.

Huw: Next time you’re at the Washington conversation group, try to collar my friend Diane/Tahl

Patricia and I met at the last one! She’s definitely got the right attitude for Bootcamp: a sense of adventure, a sense of humor, and a deep interest in snagging a good table at Y Llong for sunny afternoons and cozy evenings. Um, I may also have promised her, Huw, that you would engage in interpretive dance as needed to express such sentiments as, “Actually, the plates in the dishwasher are clean, but I have misplaced the spatula.” :wink:

Hi - I just signed up for the September bootcamp about a week ago. I’m a bit apprehensive but looking forward to meeting you all and improving my Welsh. I’m on course 3, northern. Any other Gogs going?

Diane: that you would engage in interpretive dance as needed to express such sentiments as, “Actually, the plates in the dishwasher are clean, but I have misplaced the spatula.” :wink:

Dim prob but does it have to be “spatula”? - I know the step for “fish slice” :slight_smile:

Sandra: Any other gogs going?

I’m definitely not a gog, but I’ve been doing both versions of the new course 1 and have been grateful to pick up some of the gog vocab and structures. I might switch over by the time bootcamp rolls around. :wink:

Joanie : I’m definitely not a gog, but I’ve been doing both versions of the new course 1 and have been grateful to pick up some of the gog vocab and structures. I might switch over by the time bootcamp rolls around. :wink:

That’s a good idea! I’ll listen to some of the new Course 1 Southern before September.

@Sandra, you might also want to do some of the southern listening practices. :slight_smile:

@ Diolch Joanie. I’ll give it a go after I finish course 3 Northern!

We took the dive and purchased our tocynnau awyren i Firmingham. A few more bits and pieces to book, but I feel like things are finally starting to come together (on my end). 15ish weeks to go. :wink:

Newyddion gwych, Joanie! I’ll be there in Sept too. It’ll be my first bootcamp and I can’t wait! Look forward to meeting you both, and everyone else too. :slight_smile:

Great to hear the plans are coming along Joanie!

For anyone concerned about northern vs southern problems, please don’t worry. There will be difficulties during the first day or so, with learning basic differences like medru / gallu or moyn / isio, but the main differences are in very common words, and you will work them out within hours (ok 48 of them, maybe, but hours none the less!). And the extra confusion will help everyone - north and southerners - to learn a bit more flexibility and get their Welsh just a bit more confortable.

Plus, despite rumours to the contrary, you do not have to ask in perfect southern Welsh before I’ll allow you to use the toilet!

Joanie: We took the dive and purchased our tocynnau awyren i Firmingham.

It’s getting closer :slight_smile: Let me know nearer the time where we can pick you up on Saturday morning for the lift to Tresaith.

Iestyn: you do not have to ask in perfect southern Welsh before I’ll allow you to use the toilet!

Beth am “Ple mae’r Lle Chwech, plis?” :slight_smile:

Tell me about “lle chwech” - it keeps appearing in my Blodwyn Jones and I know it means toilet but how? where does it come from?

It’s kind of our version of ‘outhouse’ - comes from workers’ toilets, where you’d commonly have six seats in a row…:smile:

Hi - I just saw something, somewhere on the website that the September course may not be confirmed. Please tell me I’m panicking about nothing.

you are panicking about nothing, i believe it is fully booked. enjoy.
Cheers J.P.

thanks, Rambling John