Tresaith Bootcamp - Sept 2014

Hi- All booked up and ready to go, as I’m coming from Australia my suitcase only has room for my toothbrush could I please hire everything else that is required.
Diolch Dale

Awstralia , that’s dedication ,

By my count that’s an Australian on the June, July, AND September bootcamps. Wales, you lucky thing :wink:

I’m sure they’ll be able to arrange some bedding at the centre, and I’m sure someone will be happy to give you a lift from whichever station you need one from.

Dale
I’m already giving Joanie & gwr a lift from Aberystwyth and am sure I can find room for you and your toothbrush. I suggest you contact Heledd at the Canolfan (http://www.tresaith.net/contact.html) to discuss bedding etc. Please post here or PM me if you’d like a lift from Aber.

PS - You needn’t pack your didgeridoo, I’ll bring mine (I’m not joking :slight_smile: )

Hi Dale
I’m only coming from 10 mins down the road, so if you want me to bring a sleeping bag for you etc, then it wouldn’t be a problem at all. Looking forward to meeting you all. Ros

Hello pawb,
I think I may have taken the last slot for the September Bootcamp several weeks ago, but have been keeping my head down to review. I’ve only completed Course1 North.
I live in the North, Sandra, I don’t know it it would make sense to share a ride, I live in Bethesda. Where are you coming from?

I’m really looking forward to the bootcamp although dw’in poeni, tipyn bach ond Dw’in edrych ymlaen dechrau, Renee

There’s nothing to worry about. If you’ve finished the first course then you speak enough Welsh to do the Bootcamp. You might not believe me now, but you will when it’s all over ;).

Hi Renee and pawb

I live in Wrecsam. My arrangements for getting to Tresaith are a bit complicated because my son is going back to Uni in Aberystwyth on the day the bootcamp starts. I think he is aiming to pick up the key for his room as soon as possible after 10 o’clock that morning, so we will have an early start from Wrecsam. The car will be loaded up with all of his stuff so I can’t really offer any lifts as far as Aber but could offer a lift to up to two people from there to Tresaith. The current plan is that my husband will drive and drop me off in Tresaith after we have dropped our son in Aber and unloaded everything!

Does anybody know the time we should aim to arrive at Tresaith?

Looking forward to meeting you all, Sandra

Does anybody know the time we should aim to arrive at Tresaith?

Round about 3ish - but we’ve never been particularly military about times…:wink:

@Dale (or anyone else for that matter!) I’ll be leaving from the Valleys about 8 miles north of Cardiff, so if you need a lift from Cardiff instead, just let me know. :slight_smile:

Hi, I’ve searched the forum for a list of things to bring, the link I found seems not to be working
http://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2311.

So for clarification, besides personal stuff and swimming suit, our bedding and a towel is all we need to bring?
Anyone interested in cycling? Thought I might bring my bike for some short rides, but going alone would defeat the purpose of practicing cymraeg.

Not sure about the answer to your question about what to bring, Renee, but looking forward to seeing answers from those in the know.

Hey, anyone know whether it will still be warm enough to go in the water while we’re in Tresaith?

@Renee try this link:

http://ssiw.pbworks.com/w/page/38688398/Bootcamps

This is the SSiW Wiki page on Bootcamps.
The information here is pretty much current, although I should mention that one of the things on the list isn’t really recommended to be taken to bootcamp anymore, and that is a dictionary! If you do take one though, don’t rely on it too much as it defeats the object of bootcamp. (One example of where it MIGHT come in handy is if you and a few fellow bootcampers decide to play ‘Scrabble yn Gymraeg’ one evening!)

Wow! thanks Gavin, that is the business.
There must be entire sections of SSIW website I’ve never ventured into.
diolch. renee

Hi Joanie; I went to bootcamp last September, and a group of us went swimming every day. It’s not exactly tropical, but definitely exhilarating! I’ll be taking my swimming stuff this year for sure! Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks,

Hi, Thanks for the info Chris and John, I’ve got in touch with Heledd and all is fixed up.On Sunday 24th we will be on our way to UK, as we are both from the UK,emigrated in 74 to Australia we travel back quite a lot to keep in touch with family.We only plan what day we leave and return and chase the sun in between,as for the Bootcamp where I will end up on Friday depends whether we are using public transport or hire car.Just in case I have bus timetables for Richards and Green Dragon, I know about the 20min walk from Aberporth, THIRST stop Ship Inn.

Diolch Dale

@Joanie: You can keep an eye on Tresaith weather, tides and sea temperature here: http://www.thebeachguide.co.uk/south-wales/dyfed/tresaith-weather.htm

The sea is 16 Celsius today or 60.8 if you prefer Fahrenheit’s scale.
I have witnessed a few hardy specimens swimming at bootcamps but, having said that, there are also people who venture into the sea at Aberystwyth on New Year’s day! My own description of the Irish/Celtic sea at any time of the year is “Oer uffernol” :slight_smile:

@Huw: Dw i’n cytuno’n llwyr!

I’ve lost the email about dates and stuff - nothing new there. So can someone tell me what day the camp starts, please, and ends. I know we should arrive on Saturday afternoon, but which Saturday?

Allso, am I right that the CardiBach will get me to Treaith from Cardigan? Yes, yes, not the Welsh name but if I go back to find it I’ll lose this post.

Patricia