Meet up in Bristol

Diolch yn fawr Robert!

2 Likes

Sticking with the pattern of the second Wednesday of the month, the next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 14th June 2023 at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford. The pub is near Bristol Parkway. Bus stops for routes 11, 12, 73, m4 & Y6 are nearby and the m1 & t1 stop a short walk away. The pub has a car park but remember to put your car registration into their machine on the bar.
I’ll put very welsh looking book on the table to help you find me / us.

As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum at least 30 mins before the start if you’re going to be there (1) so that I know if it’s worth going myself and (2) to encourage others to go.

I’m open to suggestions to change the venue, time, etc. to increase the numbers but, keep all discussion here on the forum please.

It’s in the diary and hope to see you all there.

1 Like

Will see you guys there.

1 Like

Didn’t notice I had a flat tyre until I drove for 5 mins! Twp or what. There’s a 2 hr wait for AA. Think I’ll miss our meeting. So sorry folks.

Sorry that happened Lorraine! Hows the car now? Hopefully see you next time.

The AA found a screw in the tyre wall so it couldn’t be repaired. Thankfully I have a spare in the boot but I never have the strength to undo the locking wheel nuts so can’t change it myself. It cost £105 for a new tyre. Sorry I missed everyone. I’ll probably be away for the next meeting 8-14 July.

1 Like

Sticking with the pattern of the second Wednesday of the month, the next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 12th July 2023 at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford. The pub is near Bristol Parkway. Bus stops for routes 11, 12, 73, m4 & Y6 are nearby and the m1 & t1 stop a short walk away. The pub has a car park but remember to put your car registration into their machine on the bar.

As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum at least 30 mins before the start if you’re going to be there (1) so that I know if it’s worth going myself and (2) to encourage others to go.

I’m open to suggestions to change the venue, time, etc. to increase the numbers but, keep all discussion here on the forum please.

Sorry but I’ll be on holiday next week. Hope to see you at the following meeting.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m sorry but I can’t make this month’s meetup (9-Aug-2023) but feel free to continue without me.

Realise it was yesterday but I’m also away, hopefully next time.

1 Like

Bore da pawb

I wonder if the group might be meeting next week? It’s a bit of a journey for me (I’m an hour snd a half away, in Shaftesbury) but I think you’re the closest group to me…

Diolch yn fawr

Ruth

1 Like

Sticking with the pattern of the second Wednesday of the month, the next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 13th September 2023 at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford. The pub is near Bristol Parkway. Bus stops for routes 11, 12, 73, m4 & Y6 are nearby and the m1 & t1 stop a short walk away. The pub has a car park but remember to put your car registration into their machine on the bar.

The next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 8th November 2023 at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford. The pub is near Bristol Parkway and is well connected by bus and train. The pub has a car park but remember to put your car registration into their machine on the bar.

Hi Paul, I should be able to make it this week, but can only get there about 7.30. Cheers!

1 Like

I’m planning to be there.

1 Like

Change of venue and/or day - suggestions please.

The Wednesday night pub quiz at the Beaufort Arms is making conversation more difficult than it should be.

Tuesdays clash with a Welsh class that one of us goes to.
Wednesday & Thursdays occasionally clash with Côr Cymraeg Bryste. [ Welsh Choir in Bristol ]

A pub closer to Bristol might be good for re-attracting people who haven’t been able to attend.

Please post suggestions. In the meantime, I’ll see if I can find a more suitable day+venue.

1 Like

@CatrinLliarJones ar gyfer y cylchlythyr

Mae diddordeb da fi siarad y Gymraeg. Dych chi’n cwrdd yn Bryste ar hyn o bryd?

Shwmae, dw i’n newydd i’r ardal ac dod o Cymru De Gorllewin. Hoffwn i cyfarfod pobl arall i sgwrs mewn Cymraeg. Pryd ydy cyfarfod nesaf ac ble?