Llon-dain - The Touring London Meet Up

S’mae, Peter
Sadly circumstances have changed unexpectedly for me, and I won’t be able to join you for tomorrow’s walk this time after all. I was looking forward to it, so hopefully I’ll be able to join in next time. Jenny

Sorry to hear that, until next time.

The Llon-dain started in the rain and ended in the sun after our walk along the Thames to the sound of cheering (not for us but the times we came across the London Marathon runners). Another walk in a couple of months.

1 Like

Gwych i gwrdd â chi.

1 Like

Thanks for another successful and enjoyable afternoon Peter.

1 Like

Looks like more opportunities for walking and other activities coming your way soon - London Meet up Group

The next Llon-dain walk will be on the 11th June with a walk in North London starting at Finsbury Park and ending by Alexandra Palace. More details to follow nearer the date but the walk will be about 5 miles and will start at 2.00pm and end in a pub for a drink an more chat. All levels of Welsh welcome. @Deborah-SSi @MarcusWhitfield

1 Like

Hi All,

The nex Llon-dain in just over a week will start at the entrance to Finsbury Park by Findbury Park Station. When leaving the station turn to the left and the the park entrance is a about 100m away. Here is a picture. Hope to see those who are interested a week Sunday. @Deborah-SSi

Hi @peterallen I’m hoping to come along if that’s okay- I’m not definite if I can make it yet though

Be great if you could make it. See you tomorrow or on another Llon-dain if you can’t. Hwyl.

A great walk through North London parks and disused railway lines and ending up at Alexandra Palace for a quick drink or two.

1 Like

The next Llon-dain walk will be on the 30th July. Route to be decided. Hwyl, Peter

The next Llon-dain walk on the 30th July is going to be from Tottenham Hale station to Stratford. This willl be 5.5 miles but passes through some ‘wild’ resevoirs, across Walthamstow and Hackney marshes and ends up through the Olympic Park. Apart from a few roads at the beginning this is mostly a countryside walk. Hope you can make it and ask any questions. The meeting time at Tottenham Hale will be 2.00pm. @Deborah-SSi

1 Like

Hi All, our next Llon-dain walk will be this coming Sunday at 2.00pm. We will meet outside Tottenham Hale tube station on Ferry Lane by the Pret - I have never been outside the station so hope it will be obvious (it looks like it will be judging by this photo from Google Streets from 2021. Everyone is welcome regardless of your standard of Welsh. See you there.

1 Like

I’d like to come along, Peter - I live very nearby. If it helps, there’s now a Pret just outside the station which might be a good meeting place.

Great, looking forward to meeting you. I will keep an eye on this forum so any difficulties finding us post here. We will meet outside the Pret as it is generally easier. Hwyl, Peter

This one looks very interesting Peter. I will try to attend because we are going to Wales the following day. So I could definitely do with a bit of practice, not to mention the exercise.

Be great if you could make it. Hwyl, Peter

1 Like

Well, we made it! We were a little worried about the wind and a little bit of drizzle to start but, in the end, it was the endless torrential rain we will remember. Next time in early Autumn which will be warmer, calmer and drier - hopefully.

2 Likes

The next Llon-dain will be on the 8th October at 2.00pm. The details of the walk are to come but we will be back at Primrose Hill at some point to visit some Welsh history. Hope to see you there (and the weather can’t be worst than last time!). Hwyl, Peter