Llon-dain - The Touring London Meet Up

We were lucky with the weather for this Llon-dain with blue sky and sunshine along the Regents canal and into Regents park (okay, a smattering of rain at the end). Five miles of Welsh conversation, hyfryd.

1 Like

Hi All, our next Llon-dain is going to be on the 23rd April so put this in your diaries. More information will be provided nearer the date. Thanks, Peter

1 Like

Thanks, Peter. I’m looking forward to it.
Elizabeth

1 Like

Edrych ymlaen!

1 Like

Fi hefyd!

S’mae Pawb, the current plan for the next Llon-dain walk on the 23rd April is to start outside the Jubilee Line tube at Canary Wharf and walk to London Bridge station. This is about four miles and at least half is along the Thames. See you there. Peter @Deborah-SSi

Hi Peter - this sounds great. Thank you. What time are we meeting, please, and is there just one entrance to Canary Wharf station? Is this the correct place to reply? I got your message somewhere else on Slack, and replied there so you may get it twice! Sorry! Jenny

There are two entrances to the Canary Wharf tube station. It will be the main (west) one where we will meet. The west entrance has a pedestrianised area with a dock beyond. If anyone comes out at the east end then then do a 180 degree turn and there is a narrow ‘park’ that runs along to the west entrance. Anyone coming via the Elizabeth Line needs to be aware that the two stations don’t connect underground and there is a short walk via the shopping centre to get to the tube entrance. We will meet at 2.00pm. Hwyl, Peter.

Thank you, Peter.

Hi Peter, Siân dw i, my son is running in the London Marathon on Sunday 23rd April, so I shall be busy. Let me know when the next get together is please.
Diolch,
Siân

Hi Siân, the best way is to mark the Llon-dain thread as ‘watching’, that way you will be notified of any updates. I didn’t realise our walk would be on the same day as the marathon (I did the same thing last year!) but hope you have a great day cheering your son on. Hwyl, Peter

1 Like

Hi @peterallen. Unfortunately I am unable to make this one :cry: - but for reasons not connected to the London Marathon. Tan tro nesa!

See you next time. Hwyl, Peter

Slight change in plan for the Llon-dain on the 23rd April. Because of the marathon we are going to do it in reverse, so starting at London Bridge station and walking to Canary Wharf. We will see some of the race on the way but there will be quiet stretches too. I am copying in those who have said they will attend (and @Deborah-SSi of course). @JennySharples @yvonne-8 @elizabethliney . At London Bridge station we will meet in the main part by Pret (this is on the lower floor if those who don’t know the station).

1 Like

Diolch, Peter. Edrychaf ymlaen at weld pawb.
Elizabeth

1 Like

Syniad da, Peter. Diolch. Jenny

1 Like

Hi all. I’m working in London this week and next and staying over the weekend. Would it be possible for an interloper to join the walk? Very rusty and never particularly fluent welsh at the best of times.

Ymwthwyr always welcome. If you are not familiar with London Bridge Station then there are two levels and we will be meeting by the Pret on the lower level (which is below the platforms) at 2.00pm.
Cymraeg rhydlyd also welcome. Hwyl, Peter

Definitely expecting to do this walk Peter, it sounds great. Missed the last one as I was visiting family in Flintshire. Best wishes and I have noted the new start location.