Clecs launches today!

This is great. Just joined as “steffan99”…

2 Likes

I agree with you both. I think the girl on the video is talking too quickly for learners used to hearing ‘teachers’ who don’t say things quickly until we’ve had lots of repeats!!
p.s. I think typos in English, I can recognise, but typos in Cymraeg will just confuse me!!!

I joined Clecs yesterday using my twitter username @GwalltGwyllt. It’s a good opportunity to practice your reading and writing skills! ( An area I really need to work on!)

2 Likes

I’m a bit “uneducated” on clecs, still learning things and if there’s someone else like me I’d like to make one thing clear.

I was educated by Clecs that sad icon doesn’t mean dislike of the post but rather kind of compassion with one who posted it.

Eg, you say:

My head is aching me.

and instead of reply one gives you that sad face(y) :slight_smile:

Happy one is like you take it - smiling, liking, being happy with what you just read …

But you know all this already better then me, don’t you? :slight_smile:

Diolch, Tatjana! I was wondering about that!

1 Like

I thought many of us would and since I’ve marked last @faithless78’s post with I thought I have to explain so that he and maybe someone else wouldn’t think I dislike it. :slight_smile:

Eh, @annmoore do you know what? Don’t wait until next year. If I can last there you can too even more. I was burdened but I see it was for nothing. I use all sorts of help to understand most of it of course, but I manage that and it’s fun. :slight_smile: (Just in case you’d ponder thoughts to join. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I knew what you meant! No offence taken! :blush:

1 Like

Well, I wondered what that icon is by myself aswell and even suggested to clecs they might want to remove it as no one likes to see dislikes but they asured me this was meant to express kind of compassion rather then to dislike the post.

Um, well, that’s me. I ask what I am interested in or what might seam not clear to all people so that everyone can be happy on the net. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Heh! That’s me, sitting on a bench halfway up a hill, making a comment on my daughter’s selfie habit!

2 Likes

Well, to your knowledge, you can get Clecs app in Google app store - for free of course - and it works quite fine. It crashed once while launching it directly from Google play but then on it worked fine. The crash was probably more likely due to my phone not app itself. So, you can go ahead and download it.

EDIT!
HAHA! How dumb I am! This is the first thing you ever see when you come to their site. - LOL :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

But anyway. The app is quite good, not refined yet, but works OK.

Happy clecsing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just joined … @SaraP

Not sure more social networking is a good idea for me, at the moment … but it’s going to be good for my Welsh, right? :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve joined too…@tronsfawr

5 Likes

Read that first as “tronslawr” …:wink:

1 Like

Hi All.

You have all been so nice in what you have been saying, I thought it was only fair to sign up here and answer any questions you may have

Learners are so so so Welcome!! Clecs is about encouraging the use of the Welsh language not segregating it. I know a few people who have used SSiW to learn and it helped them so much. I hope people can go on from using SSIW onto Clecs to help them further.

So, any questions, please ask!

18 Likes

Shwmae pawb ar Clecs!

First of all, thank you for providing this platform which encourages us to use our Welsh more. Fantastic idea!

Also, if any of us wants to make any suggestions and are not confident enough to make those suggestions in Welsh, could we do that either through your contact page or even here (if Aran is ok with that) in English? I’m sure there isn’t much to improve with this, but any good ideas that you like from us which helps to grow Clecs can only make a great platform even greater.

2 Likes

Faithless78 thanks for your kind words. I have seen you posting over there, I hope working Sunday was not too bad!

Sure you can. Questions in English on here are fine, twitter, or on our contact page www.clecs.cymru/i/cyswllt. As I said in my post, we are trying to encourage the use of the Welsh language. That means trying to assist those who are not so fluent.

We thrive off suggestions from you guys. We want to add features and make it a more pleasurable experience for everyone and we would rather get these suggestions from the community than a board meeting!

8 Likes

Very big thank you from me for all your work in setting up Clecs. It’s exactly what I was looking for to encourage me to try a bit more writing in Welsh. So nice to hear that you’re happy for learners to come and play as well! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Clecs is on twitter too so there are no bariers. I’ve contacted them and they kindly replied through PM back to me.

U/mmmm, what’s about that photo isue then @Clecs? did you manage to find out what causes me problems maybe? :slight_smile:

Oh, yah, (nooooooooo, I’ll reveal my name now! ----------------- HAHA) I’m KnightGhost there. :slight_smile:

And one BIG thanks to you @Clecs. Besides all other things, you are guilty for me to be so happy these days! YAY!

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

@Clecs It’s great, and well done, and thanks.

One thing is when using it with an iPad- I can’t speak for any other device.

The input line when you start a clec sometimes disappears behind the keyboard, making it a bit awkward to use.
Also, as it is one long line, you can’t see the whole clec, and if you want to go back to the beginning to alter something- or even to check something- you have to delete the whole thing as you can’t move the cursor beyond what you can see on the line. This is more than a little awkward for me.

I’ve taken to pressing the “add picture” button as a default, as this brings up a much more usable box for the text, even if you don’t add a picture. You can see the whole message, and move the cursor anywhere to alter any part of the clec.

However, when you are adding a “sylw” to a clec, that isn’t an option. I’ve actually taken to writing them on a different medium and cutting and pasting, as I found I couldn’t use the line of text properly. (I do like to check things before I post them!)

Any chance of making the box rather than the line the default option for both clec and sylw?

Again, it’s great, and thanks!

4 Likes