Clecs launches today!

One more thing you reminded me on @owainlurch (thank you). I was on my android in the morning trying follow back someone who followed me but all I could see in her profile was red line without any sign what this line could be in it. When touching it it became green so I presumed the follow was given, however I have to check via my computer if it was really so.

By replying to clec you don’t have the option to reply with a photo maybe and yes, room to cleck and sylw should be a box, not a line if possible responsive to SHIFT+ENTER button combination (which means going into new line).

And one more thing: will we have an option later to give a little description in our profiles something like “about me” short notice? This would be a bit useful maybe.

Oh, but I’m too demanding already …

1 Like

I get the issue identically to Owain (and use the same hacky solution!)

Tatjana is correct, we are on twitter @ClecsCymru.

Tatjana - I’m so glad you are enjoying it. If you could outline your photo issue I’ll take a look for you. Regarding the follow issue, what Android phone are you using?
There is no feature to post an image in a reply but this feature will come. This blog post may be useful to read - www.clecs.cymru/i/GanClecs. The same goes for the about me feature.

Owainlurch - The bottom bar was originally brought in to be convenient to post. However with the modern way of posting more pictures, mentions, links and hash tags we notice a lot of people using the image popup more than the lower bar. We are planning to make it more like the apps where clicking this bar brings up the bigger post box by default.

1 Like

Well, I can work around it at the moment and whether it is default or not is a minor thing. With the option for pictures to appear on "sylw"s, that will pretty much sort out everything I mentioned!

Thanks for the answer.

Diolch. Dwi’n hapus iawn. :slight_smile:

Well, we’re speaking of profile picture - this is what I (I believe) didn’t mention anywhere.
First I couldn’t upload my profile photo. Whatever I did, would it be resizing it to be smaller, or posting it as it is, cropping it on the site or not, it didn’t appear and it was required format (or .jpg, or .png - I’ve tried them both). Then I finally managed to upload one big picture which I was (of course) asked to crop, but crop somehow didn’t work for me. It was cropped where I didn’t want it to be so it shows only one small portion of sunray and that was all. Then I took another picture and somehow managed to crop it and I now have one funny smily onthere which i have drawn by myself oce upon a time. :slight_smile: I’ve sent you a PM on twitter with the picture I wanted to upload though.

My Android is Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S75 (prety old thingy I think) with Android 4.2.2.

Thanks again.

@Clecs I think I had better make it clear though, that if I hadn’t figured out the work around (pressing the picture button) I wouldn’t be unable to write clecs at all, as I am unable to see what I am writing. I don’t know how many people this affects, but I could imagine it might stop some people writing anything on clecs- it almost did me, until I found a way round it, and I really like the thing.

Just saying this because I think what you are doing is such a good and valuable thing.

1 Like

Actually, I noticed this also when I was using my iPad. As the page refreshes to show older posts, the share bar disappears and it’s a bugger to keep in view! I think I did something similar to Owain to try and keep it on the page where I could see what I was typing!
That said, I’m normally using the app for posting on clecs anyway, but thought I would back up this issue.

Oh, is that what it is! Makes sense. Yes, sometimes I could type one out, at others it would keep disappearing every couple of seconds and be unusable.

I’ve joined Clecs - I’m EmmaLuna. I’m not sure what I’m going to write… I think I’ve added (or is it followed?) people from this thread. It’s really scary with no English at all.
I’m having a problem with the app. It won’t let me sign in. I just get this screen
I can still log in with Safari.

3 Likes

Owainlurch - Pictures in Comments are something a lot of people have asked for so its top priority at the moment! Regarding not even being able to post at all is concerning. This is on the iPad Web interface? Using safari?

Tatjana - Profile pictures need to be square, so we provide the ability to crop. I presume you are on about the web interface? Try doing your picture again, and when it ask to crop, hold down in the corner where you want to START cropping, then drag down to make a square. It could be that you only clicked on the image?

With the Android phone, I’ll look into it. As you can imagine our dev team can only test on so many Android devices!

Emmamatindale - That is strange! Is this using the Clecs app on an iPad? Is it your first log in? Have you confirmed your email?

Hi Clecs,
Wow, that was quick!
Yes I confirmed my email (took a while to realise I had to). Yes it is on iPad and it is my first log in. I tried shutting the app down and restarting it. I’m logged in now using Safari browser on the iPad and that’s working fine.

Hmm … I’ve noticed that too but thought it’s due to my phone. So Android has similar issue obviously.

Kind of online bootcamp. :slight_smile:

Will report every isue if it helps testing …

I’ve just joined as well, must say that I can’t really understand anything but it’s fun to click something and see what happens :stuck_out_tongue: My name there is sophiedysgwr as well

3 Likes

Google Translate can be a bit clumsy in translation but if you can understand the context it can be of huge help. At least that’s how I help myself to escape when there’s nowhere to escape anymore. :slight_smile: And …I confess, it’s quite often especially with longer messages. (just an idea to reconsidder).

1 Like

Is it possible to edit the post on Clecs after I’ve posted it? Just noticed I made a couple of mistakes… :smiley:

Just looked at it and didn’t find you could correct the post. You can only delete it.

Hmm ok, well I shall have to embrace my mistakes as @aran always says :sunny:

5 Likes

Yes, using Safari. It’s the fact that when you start posting, the line just disappears from the screen.

Then you scroll down to find it and see what you are posting, after a short time it disappears down again behind the onscreen keyboard, so you have to keep chasing it. Typing in a couple of letters then scrolling down, as it were. Unless you just gave up and typed blind.

It’s worse some times than others, which fits in with what @faithless78 was saying, but basically it became completely unusable for me.

If I hadn’t started using the "box’ which came from pressing the “add picture” button, I would have given up, notwithstanding how much I like the site.

As I say, I’ve just been using the site on one iPad, and through the Internet rather than an app.

As I say, just saying this as I hope this information helps others and yourself rather than complaining. I’m fine using it with work rounds at the moment.

1 Like

And the pictures in the comments thing I was looking forward to as a means of using it on “sylw” even when not putting a picture- as it is now, even when you can use the linput line (and with a “sylw” there seems little problem with that), it is - well, impossible - to alter the beginning of the text once you go past the space in the line.

It’s just that with the box, you can see the entire post- and, more importantly, move the cursor within the post, rather than having to delete the entire text if you want to go back to the beginning.

That’s why I use the “copy and paste” on another medium technique for it now. When posting a “sylw”, that is. As the “box” appearing from the theoretical addition of a picture is not available there.

Hope this is not too wordy and makes sense!

S’mae @Clecs ! Diolch o galon am y fenter!
For those of us who live in predominantly English-speaking parts of Wales (Radnorshire in my case) social networking has been a massive boost to our connection to y byd Cymraeg, and to have a dedicated Welsh social network should take that to a whole new level. It’s up to us all to support it and nurture it.
Anyhow, you are probably well aware of this, but the Android app really doesn’t play nicely with the Literatim Welsh keyboard - the predictive text only works intermittently, and the Anfon button doesn’t work at all. I find myself having to compose with Literatim (because it understands Welsh punctuation and accents better) and then switch to the normal Android keyboard to post. Alternatively, I’ve been using the mobile version of the web page, which works OK because the input is handled by my web browser.
Thanks again, and l look forward to further developments! :smiley:

4 Likes