The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

Done

Done

Done it!

Done it!
(Can I also have a star for persevering with the unfamiliar technology of Slack?!
I think I feel even prouder of that!)

Done

Wow Done it

Done! And it was good fun.

Done

Hi Marilyn! It seems that you have already progressed past this week 6, ā€˜5 minuteā€™ test and have gone as far as the week 21 test and gained your blue badge! :wink:

Wow what a bumper week!

Excellent efforts each and every one of you! You now have your PINK badges! :smiley:

@jonathan-evans-1
@lindsay-2
@heatherdefer
@john-dransfield
@geoffrey-barrington
@tanya-7
@laura-53
@mrs-kate-mantle
@jomussen
@cen
@glyn-blanchard
@nwentzel
@karl-nowak

Done!

Diolch yn fawr Catrin.

Every year, I find it useful to start at the beginning and work through all 3 Levels of SSiW by St Davidā€™s Day, taking advantage of the different methods offered. This time I am trying the 6-minute-a-day approach (in parallel with my revision), because it has so many excellent suggestions and exercises. I certainly notice and learn something new every time I do this.

This approach gives me the confidence to progress in different directions for the other 10 months a year knowing I have a solid foundation. So each morning I tackle a lesson or two while I prepare food for the day, bake, or do housework, then later I review the vocabulary and make up sentences in a notebook, or listen to Welsh, and there is always the opportunity to Say Something in Welsh too!

I find it fun, the routine particularly comforting during the pandemic, and it keeps the little grey cells active during isolationā€”not that I feel isolated with this great community here :slightly_smiling_face:

Kudos to Wales in vaccinating so many people already. Canada, has really dropped the ball on that, so it could be months before we can begin mass vaccinations. Lucky I have SSiW to keep me sane and able to be a happy hermit.

Looking upwardsā€¦

Hwyl,
Mari

4 Likes

Done it! Dw iā€™n mynd i ymarfer siarad Cymraeg mwy :smiley:

Done it! And stil trying to do different sentences every day

Yup, OK
Whatā€™s next???
Looking forward to next challenge:)
Ps dont know how to post!

1 Like

Done it, trying to explore Slack but getting rather confused, will keep trying.
Good luck to all doing the 5 minutes test :slight_smile:

Just had a thought! does this have to be recorded anywhere on Slack for proof, I noticed that some replies had stated they have recorded them?

The tests where youā€™re asked to record things have seperate threads on here (not Slack) where you should put them in order to get your coloured ā€˜badgesā€™. But the first one, the pink badge (this thread) doesnā€™t have to be recorded.

Dioch yn fawr Siaron:smile:

1 Like

Done!

Hi Catrin I have asked others about the microphone sign, I seem to have messed up on the first 6 questions as there is only the first sentence recorded and now I have managed NOT to record my next lot for week 16? How can I get the microphone back please?
Thanks
Jacqui