Saving S4C

Well done! I’ve posted on my Facebook feed already. Let’s show them how many people outside Wales care about our S4C!

2 Likes

Signed and posted on Facebook and Vk.com, a Russian social network

1 Like

In my Blog yng Nghymraeg, on twitter, FB, G+ … hope it’ll do the work and I’ve posted some comment on the petition itself for targeted to read.

1 Like

Um, especially to anyone familiar with the “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” book / TV series… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only indirectly relevant, but a certain political party related to Wales tweeted a link to this in my direction:

However…

(My emphasis).
Oo-er…
Ond chwarae teg, mae o’n Cymro Cymraeg.

signed.

2 Likes

I’ve signed. Hope it the right people see it and do something!

2 Likes

Even though I’m living in Wales, I have also signed it as I know how valuable this service was to me when I was living in Kent. I have also shared it on my Facebook page and through my “Siarad” facebook page and twitter feeds. Lets hope it gains some momentum…

2 Likes

Thank you all!! I was hoping those of you with links to St. David’s Societies, Chapels, family in Patagonia or wherever… might pass the word!!! I see on the S4C site that they have created better access to programs from more countries already. I haven’t worked out how to e-mail them about the petition. I have e-mailed the Government in Cardiff Bay, but if they are busy chasing funds for BBC Wales… I’m wasting my time with them!! :angry:
to @aran I tried to e-mail the Welsh Language Society (I can say this in Cymraeg, but not spell it!). However, I didn’t think my Cymraeg up to the task…sorry!! Would you tell them about the petition? They are publicising efforts by celebrities, so may be a bit interested in grass roots too!!
If anyone can think of any other organisation with an interest… feel free to pass it on! How about Plaid Cymru?

Sorry - do you mean the email didn’t work for some reason, or that you changed your mind? You don’t have to email Cymdeithas in Welsh, they understand English fine…:wink:

It’s equally important to build a genuine English medium Welsh media. Without that there is a danger that our emerging polity will exist in a vacuum; invisible, unscrutinised. And that’s unhealthy. It makes stuff like the current controversy over the proposed Wales Bill almost without register amongst the people of Wales, and further, distracts us with irrelevant news of battles over the English NHS and education system.

2 Likes

To @aran
I mean I couldn’t find out how to e-mail them and then I thought it would be easier to ask you to do it than ask you to tell me how!!! I am not getting on well!! I have had to reset my password with the petition site twice because of forgetting how to spell simple things or making typos!! My little dog is sulking because I’m all the time on the laptop and now I really must go!!!.. Ddrwg gen i!!!
to @robbruce
Oh, I agree and I watch BBCWales every day as well as S4C, but it is S4C which is most relevant to SSiW surely??

I was specifically addressing Mike’s point about the First Minister asking for more money for English language broadcasting. Sorry if it looked ambiguous in the context of the thread in general.

1 Like

If this is of some help - I keep a notebook (physical not digital) in which all my passwords are written with e-mails included. I’m member of so many sites and services that if I wouldn’t have all written down I’d forget everything and all my payed services (which are not so little though) would go to waste because with some it’s qutie complicated to maintain relationship if you loose the password … :slight_smile:

So, a little booklet with passwords kept safe somewhere could be useful thing.

What I do remember and have not written down are PIN codes of my cridit cards and bank acount …- haha :slight_smile:

To @aran Just to say I finally worked out how to contact Cymdeithas yr Iaith Cymraeg and S4C and have told both about the petition.
To @tatjana Thanks for hint!! (I would probably lose the notebook!!!) No, actually, it is my tendency to type faster than my fingers can find the right keys which is the problem!! I have to edit every post zillions of times before actually sending it!! You can’t see what you have typed with passwords, so if the second attempt fails I change it and try again!!!
To anyone signing the petition:
the one I set up is specially for non-residents of Wales. There is another Siaron has set up on facebook which is for all.
and please put country in as I would like the Government to see how wide the appeal of and support for Cymraeg and S4C is!! If you are in UK, you can put County, Country in one space!!!
If you haven’t done that, you may be able to edit your entry, I’m not sure but @tatjana will probably know!! (Oh, Tatjana fach, how I depend on you!!!)

You are able to edit, but you have to be signed in in this case. I didn’t sign in yet but I tend to do so as I constantly participate in petitions on the web and have zillion acounts on zillion petition sites (haha, not literally but yes, I’m member of quite some).

Hmmm … do you know what my problem is (apart from what you’ve written) I many times don’t even see the mistakes and (especially here on the forum) I return to the posts when i already sent it and see zillion mistakes which I (of course, perfectionist as I am) tend to correct at the time I see them … And, yes, I’m typing too fast too, sometimes even faster then I think (but missleading I don’t have too good typing speed measuring anyway, might be I’m even below average. :slight_smile: )

I’ve put it in the data form and in my comment so they just acn’t miss it. - :slight_smile:

I am feeling a bit ‘down’! Last time I looked at the petition yesterday, I’m sure it said 600+ signatures and now it’s less than 300!! Have people un-signed it???
May I thank all who commented on your brilliantly clear explanations of why you want S4C in your country!!!
I had a lovely e-mail from a lass at S4C thanking me!!! I’m sure she is thanking all of us, not just me!!!

3 Likes

Don’t feel sad @henddraig. Statistics fail some times and potentially count just clicks aswell. I believe no one un-signed petition. Why would they? And besides …better 300+ then none at all, do you agree?

And well done on getting that lovely e-mail from S4C. This also means something good and positive and the things are not over yet. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s only been out there for a relatively short time too. I’m mentioning it in the weekly email this Tuesday so I expect you’ll see a jump in numbers after that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nora Jones shared it on FB so it could very well be it’ll cause some jump in signings also. Did anyone remember to share it on Clecs maybe? I didn’t (yet) to be honest but it’s never too late is it?

1 Like