1) At what age did you leave the nest and where did you go? If you haven’t yet fledged what are your plans?
Nineteen, when I stupidly got married in order to escape my parents’ house. For me, it was the only way out, but it didn’t make it any less dumb.
2) When was the last time you totally embarrassed yourself?
LOL! You mean “When was the last time I didn’t embarrass myself”?
3) What headline would you like to see in the news tomorrow morning?
Where do I start?
Assuming that “tomorrow morning” can mean “next November”… “Democrats Gain Majority in Congress, both House and Senate.”
“Assault Weapon Ban Passed.”
“Entire Presidential Cabinet Fired; New Secretaries Confirmed Who Actually Believe in the Missions of Their Agencies.”
“All Student Loans Forgiven.”
“United States to Immediately Begin National Health Service.”
That, and the great-grand-daddy of them all, in zillion-point type: “Trump Impeached!”
There. I’ve discussed politics, even when I told myself I wouldn’t.
4) Overrated? Name one place, one person, one food, which in your opinion are overrated.
Place: Hollywood, California. I grew up in Los Angeles, and Hollywood is just another part of the city; a pretty tacky one, if you ask me.
Person: Jack Sparrow. What a prancing idiot. You want a real pirate captain? My money’s on Captain Barbossa.
Food: What Americans present as a fancy English tea. Can’t get a decent panad, and the tiny, cutesy bites of food are so small you can barely taste them. They certainly won’t begin to quiet a grumbling stomach.
5) Eight years ago today we had a successful 12 week pregnancy scan with our second born, Beuno. If you could receive positive confirmation of anything today, what would it be?
That I’d be healthy until the day I passed on in my sleep out of sheer old age, and that my finances would permit me not to worry about my expenses. Don’t underrate money: you really don’t want to run out of it. Been there, done that, don’t want to do it again.
One bonus because the weather is so fine…
6) What are your plans for the weekend?
Fine weather?! It’s still wet and wintery here. The groundhog got his numbers mixed up: it’s sixteen more weeks of winter, not six.
In any case, I’m spending the weekend indoors behind my typewriter, same as I always do.