Our big hitting, superstar successful learners

Come on, folks. It’s Dysgwr y Flwyddyn time. High time SSiW took first place, and we’ve got a bunch of people with the skillz.

Yeah, I’m looking at you, Louis. Yeah, I’m looking at you, Dee. Yeah, I’m looking at you, Gaby. Yeah, I’m looking at you, Geraint.

Yeah, I’m looking at you, several other people.

Come on. Time to pull out the big guns.

:sunny:

2 Likes

Ac mae Ffion Fflic yn cofio’n gynnes atat ti a Wendy, @louis :sunny:

1 Like

Seconded! There are plenty of SSIWers worthy of winning Dysgwr y Flwyddyn. If it stays quiet, maybe some nominating needs to happen. :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely. Nominating you, SJ :sunny: :star:

1 Like

That’s fine by me Aran. I’ll impress them with the amount of Welsh vocab I’ve lost in the last year. :slight_smile:

A week of no English at home before the qualifying round and you’d be right as rain (and maybe even surprise yourself - mysterious things can happen with consolidation).

So here’s me still looking right at you… :sunny:

Well I suppose I’d get a consolidation prize for the number of times entered into DyF!

4 Likes

Would that be considered acceptable? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

So I’d like to see entry forms landing chez @Deborah-SSi @louis @elizabeth_jane @triciaroberts @owainlurch @gabycortinas @jonthomas @leiafee @gruntius - i’r gad, bawb!

:sunny:

3 Likes

I’ve never considered myself in Dysgwr y flwyddyn league. Compared to Dee and Leia and Louis (I haven’t met the others) my Welsh is very ordinary. For a start, my grammar is appaling.

1 Like

Croeso i’r clwb! Mae hi’n clwb fawr i bod yn onest. Whŵps!!! Croeso i’r clwb! Mae hi’n glwb mawr i fod yn onest.

Most fluent language speakers have appaling grammar, waddayareckon?

1 Like

This one any good?: :smiling_imp:

More at: http://www.emoji-cheat-sheet.com/

1 Like

Most fluent speakers don’t care about grammar :slight_smile:

@elizabeth_j_corbett_ - When I met you a few years ago, your Welsh was good enough for Dysgwr y Flwyddyn then, so I’m sure it is now. You also have a great story to tell about teaching welsh in Melbourne and your sabaticcal in Corris. I’m sure the judges would love that. (Having a interesting backstory helps :smile: )

2 Likes

So, no pressure then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh, shush, really! You can speak Welsh, and you have a fantastic story, and have made a superb contribution to spreading the language already, and they’re willing to do the early rounds via Skype. Go on go on go on go on go ON.

3 Likes

Perfect - and already inserted, diolch. :slight_smile:

I’m flattered that you’ve included me in this group of elites Aran but when I watch the program I don’t even understand the questions never mind be able to answer them. I’m a long way off yet mate. Maybe another 3 or 4 bootcamps. :wink:

2 Likes

Okay. I’ve looked at the form. I’m tempted, primarily because this is my last chance. I’ve been around the Welsh learning traps (albeit initially with no progress) for about ten years. Hmm… So as I understand it the initial round is simply a form and a two page bio telling about your journey and ending with your hopes and aspirations. Is that right?

2 Likes

You could make that into a very compelling piece of prose, Elizabeth!