Northern luxury bootcamp 2016

This year’s northern bootcamp is getting close now so I thought it might be high time to start a thread. I’ve put a link below to last year’s thread (which I’ve just read with a tear in my eye) for you to read through to get an idea of what to expect … sort of. Feel free to ask any questions no matter how trivial they may seem.

Sorry if I’m treading on any toes starting this thread, @aran @CatrinLliarJones

5 Likes

Brilliant! Diolch, Geraint!!! XxxX

3 Likes

So, who fancies introducing themselves? Please say helo and tell us a little about yourself.

Have you been on Bootcamp before?
Where are you from?
What are your interests?
Why are you learning Welsh?
What are your Bootcamp expectations?

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better! XxxX

2 Likes

Have you been on Bootcamp before? Yes, this will be the fourth time.
Where are you from? Wrexham.
What are your interests? Cycling at the moment, I’ve been playing drums for as long as I can remember.
Why are you learning Welsh? Language of my father.
What are your Bootcamp expectations? Cake, conversations, new experiences, cake, beaches, bookshop browsing, cake, early mornings, late nights and cake. :blush:

5 Likes

Physically, yes. Whether I was mentally there is another matter…

Where are you from?

Bridgend

What are your interests?

Being very bad at Welsh. Musicstuffs (I might not bring a drum kit on bootcamp this time, although, saying that, would Aran forgive me if I didn’t?). Painting and playing with little models (fantasy wargame stuffs). Computer games. Coding. Reading. TKD. Probably some other things somewhere.

I was told there was a podcast that made it easy, so I thought ‘why not?’.

Cake. My brain failing. Nice people. Panic. Beautiful country. Maybe a bit of Welsh.

5 Likes

Wow - I can almost taste this cake-camp.
Is this the Great Welsh Bake-off with Catrin replacing Mary Berry?
Envy is building - I hope at least you take pity on us absentees and post some pictures of the cake :wink:

Justin

5 Likes

Hello everyone.

Both apprehensive and excited about bootcamp. I find learning hard but work at it doggedly. Part of my problem is acute embarrassment when speaking, which in turn causes a seizing up of brain and vocal chords. Cake may help with this so I’m probably in the right place.

I’ve never been before but not for want of trying - I’ve always just missed the boat.
From Kent.
Interested in all Celtic languages, myth. history and identity.
Learning Welsh first then going to try all the other Celtic languages before I get too old.
I’d like to listen to and understand as much Welsh conversation as I can over the week. It may be difficult for me to speak much at first but would love to break through the embarrassment barrier.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon.
Sam

5 Likes

I’ve been to Tresaith before, twice I have to admit, and I do want this to be my last bootcamp, I want to crack it this time and I’m delighted to have got a place on the luxury one. I’m a cake fan too, are we baking them or buying them, I’d be delighted to bring the means to make one. I also like snapping up Welsh books in second hand shops, choosing the books by their covers of course. Reading them is slow going of course, and I’ll be going back to my childhood habit of reading them more than once.
It’s struck me that I’m driving from Scotland down to Wales, a familiar road, but where exactly am I heading to? I’m not seeing the address on this thread.

5 Likes

If the place is the same as last year then follow the link from origina post because I think the rute is mentioned somewhere there if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Everybody gets the terror first time - don’t worry about it! Our mixture of cake, alcohol and laughter will get you through without any major loss of blood… :sunny:

http://www.crugeran.com/map.html :sunny: (it did take a bit of finding, to be fair!). It’s going to be great to have such an experienced Bootcamper with us - you can help mop up the tears and/or blood from the first timers…:wink:

3 Likes

This must be the SSiW version of wine, women and song :smiling_imp:

Justin

5 Likes

I’m quite sure it’s not just the first time :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No pressure then…!!! :astonished::birthday: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Wow - I sincerely hope that is not an example of the extra-ordinary culinary fare featured in your cake-camp - or we all feel absolutely miserable having failed to make the cut :cry: .

But lucky those who made it :cake: :beers: :wine_glass: :cocktail:

Justin

2 Likes

But it isn’t the third and certainly not the fourth. :astonished::blush:

3 Likes

May, may … if you baked all this then I should come to bootcamp one day … :slight_smile: - hehe

Unfortunatelly all the rest would probably flee away seing me there …

[size=30]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA![/size]

haha!

1 Like

Thanks Tatjana, and thanks for the directions link Aran. And can I make sure it’s 15th to 22nd, Friday to Friday?

3 Likes

Yes Polly, that’s correct, Friday 15th to Friday 22nd. :+1:

2 Likes

Hello - Cath (aka Mrs @wondersheep) signing in :slight_smile:

Yep - came on my first luxury one last year and had a fab time getting to know everyone, with only minimal English popping in now and again, once the crying had stopped :stuck_out_tongue: (I’m not planning on buying any houses or pulling any job application all-nighters in the immediate lead up to this one so there should hopefully be less waterworks and wailing on my part :wink: )

Where are you from?

Bridgend

What are your interests?

Singing, tap dancing, reading, writing, baking, social media and occasionally unleashing my inner geek :smile:

Because understanding @wondersheep when he decides he wants to go all Welsh on me comes in handy sometimes :wink: Plus, it might come in handy for jobs and things one day :slight_smile:

A nice relaxing holiday somewhere pretty with lots of food and no thinking for a week??? :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m happy to make brownies again :slight_smile: They won’t look anything like any of these though! (Are they choccywoccydoodah?)

4 Likes