Northern luxury bootcamp 2016

Any SoundCloud or similar acount? :slight_smile:

YouTube Channel? :slight_smile:

(Sorry to nosy me, but I like to see and enjoy what those I know for (deliberately didnā€™t say ā€œI knowā€) are performing! When people acheaving something it cheers me up and I become extreamly happy. :slight_smile: )

I love this one to the bits. (if that means inner powers ā€¦)

2 Likes

Nope, but there are these if you want to see me in action (so to speak!): http://ignite.wales/speakers/cath-smith/ :smile:

3 Likes

Oh, thank you for this! Itā€™s great.

And, yes, I donate sometimes to TÅ· Hafan too ā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you been on Bootcamp before?
errrrrrmmmmmā€¦ nopeā€¦ :wink: ā€¦:joy:

Where are you from?
Originally Llanaelhaearn, then Pwllheli, then Chichester, then Pwllheli, then Porthaethwy, then Kensington, then Notting Hill, then Regents Park, then Boston Mass, then Kensington, then the Forest of Dean, then Pwllheli, then Bangor, then Ghana, then Pwllheli, then Nefyn, then Llithfaen, then Pwllheli, then Pistyll, then Mynythoā€¦ but Iā€™m Welsh through and through, with a little Kensington accent and some Americanismsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What are your interests?
Iā€™m quite domesticated, love cooking, love writing, twitching, nature, portrait drawing, singing, movies and am a passionate creative soul.

Why are you learning Welsh?
Because my spelling is atrocious!

What are your Bootcamp expectations?
Fun, friends, laughter, cake, wine and everything in betweenā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

Have you been on Bootcamp before?
Yes, last year.

Where are you from?
Suffolk, but I was born in Bangor, in 1943. We came to East Anglia when I was five and Iā€™ve lived here
ever since, apart from two years in London and two in Malaysia.

What are your interests?
History, industrial archaeology, travel. I enjoy a pint of good bitter. I enjoy music and singing, but canā€™t
play any musical instrument (or read music).

Why are you learning Welsh?
I learned some nouns and a few verbs from my parents, but never had the ability to create a coherent
sentence. As well as Welsh-speaking relatives in Anglesey, I have a lot of books and old family papers
that I have always wanted to be able to read. Iā€™d always thought that there would be no opportunity of
learning in East Anglia, until I heard about a local SSiW meetup. Iā€™ve been learning for about two years
but have made relatively show progress on account of other demands on my time.

What are your Bootcamp expectations?
Based on my experience last year, I know that I can expect great friendship and a lot of fun with perhaps
some cake as well, who knows. The real objective, though, is to gain more confidence in speaking Welsh
to total strangers and improving my fluency. Meeting Aran for the first time last year, after hearing his voice so
many times, was a bit like meeting the Wizard of Oz, except that in real life heā€™s more scary, not less.

7 Likes

After a little action on twitter we may have dessert sorted for the first evening. Maybe I should let @Cath2 explain. :blush:

3 Likes

Nothing like a little flirting on Twitter for cakeā€¦ :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œcatrinlliarjones, post:24, topic:4587ā€]
Have you been on Bootcamp before?errrrrrmmmmmā€¦ nopeā€¦ ā€¦:joy:
[/quote] You will love it, and youā€™ll definitely see a difference in your Welsh speaking ability (in a negative way after speaking to us for a week). :blush:

3 Likes

Hehe ā€¦ I donā€™t believe this one. :slight_smile:

Woops ā€¦ Iā€™m hiding beneath my table ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want cakes like this perhaps @faithless78 should be invited for a cake making morning. Eating in the afternoon. Sleeping thereafter.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still deciding what kind of cake to make for Easter. Will be chocolatey, but really trying to sway away from the cheesecake idea. Itā€™s been doneā€¦ To death!!

2 Likes

Mwa-ha-ha-haaaaaā€¦ :scream:

2 Likes

:frowning: Iā€™m sad Iā€™m missing bootcamp, Iā€™ve had such amazing times on them.

But if Aran likes, I can send a batch of my extra hot chilli con carne up!

5 Likes

After talking so much about cakes, you should post the recipes for the people who wonā€™t be able to go!!!

I love baking. And I am still looking for a really good bara brith recipe!!!

3 Likes

Awwww :slight_smile: Diolch yn fawr iawn o pawb :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A very lovely friend of mine may, if he can find time in amongst PhD-ing, lecturing, teaching tap and assorted other things, send me northwards with some of this type of thing that he dabbles in from time to timeā€¦ https://www.facebook.com/cheesecakediary/ :slight_smile:

Gotta love Twitter, eh @gruntius @CatrinLliarJones? :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry to not be making Bootcamp this year, last year was such good fun. My parents are visiting us during this week, but iā€™m still hoping to escape for an hour or two for a catch-up! Have a great time!
K

6 Likes

Iā€™m seriously looking forward to being immersed yn y Cymraeg at bootcamp for the first time. Iā€™m from Caergybi/Holyhead originally but have spent most of my working life in Newcastle upon Tyne, Sheffield, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and currently in London. Apart from improving my Welsh, my interests include running, theatre, the visual arts and I like singing too.
Iā€™m learning Welsh because I think Iā€™ll feel more complete if I can speak my mother-tongue. Iā€™m one of those people with one English and one Welsh parent (no prizes for guessing which language the family spoke). Itā€™s a strong desire but I havenā€™t allowed myself enough time (Iā€™ve been a stop-start SSIW student for over 3 years and this is my first entry on the Forum) and the idea of being with other learners in a no-English (language) zone is exciting.
I expect that we will have fun, learn new things and make new friends.

9 Likes

Despite youā€™re here on the forum already for 3 years I just have to say

[size=30]Croeso ar y fforwm![/size]

Then on Iā€™m glad you decided to make your first (2) posts and hope weā€™ll see them more in the future.

I never was to the bootcamp and thereā€™s almost no hope I will ever be, but I have no doubt youā€™ll have excellent time according to what Iā€™ve read.

Happy bootcamping! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Croeso, Andrew.
Looking forward to meeting you.

3 Likes