Meeting up in Betws y Coed during Eisteddfod '19

I know, I know, the 2019 national eisteddfod is in Llanrwst not Betws-y-Coed and, in any case, there is another discussion topic for that on the forum.

However, I will be staying in the centre of Betws-y-Coed (like some others I know) and wondered if other SSiW’ers might be staying there as well. If there are a few of us then it may be worth organising something local during the week when the walk to the Maes might be too much. On the other hand, if half the village is full of SSiW’ers then I doubt if my dining table is going to be large enough! Anyway, post here if you think there may be some mileage in meeting up.

3 Likes

@margaretnock and I are both staying at the Vagabond hostel in Betws all week. I’d love to meet up.

3 Likes

And when we’ve been given our volunteering schedule we can think about some meet ups on the Maes itself.

2 Likes

I’ll be staying at the Waterloo Hotel on Tuesday night and hope to get to the Maes by mid morning on the Tuesday.

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2nd - 10/08/2019 General Discussion

Looking forward to seeing you all… :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

Emma and I are staying in Betws! Keep me in the look for anything you organise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have my schedule now. Basically it’s busy, busy busy.

1 Like

There’s a mistake on mine as they have me stewarding and in maes D at the same time. Trying to swap shifts.

1 Like

I was Asst Manager there out of college! 1970’s!

1 Like

I can’t wait
Will you have a booth?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2nd - 10/08/2019 General Discussion

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2nd - 10/08/2019 General Discussion

Hi,

Is there anything planned like a meetup in or outside a pub by any chance?

We are staying most of the week on the Riverside camp site.

John

Hopefully at some point, yes. Including us two there appears to be six people staying in Betws y Coed who have posted here (seven if Huw is counted for his one night stay). I know there are four others in Betws so about eleven of us. Enough to arrange a drink and other activities. Presumably most of us will be walking to the Maes too.

It’s a fair walk to the maes from Betws but there is a shuttle bus running every 20-30 minutes from the station I think

1 Like

I’m at concerts on Saturday Sunday and Monday nights and Nia is suggesting a gig on Thursday evening but I’m
Not sure I can stay up that late!

If any one can work out a time I’m not volunteering, I’ll be happy to meet up.
@PeterAllen, the Eisteddfod website says there’s a footpath to the Maes from Betws that’s suitable for bikes. Any idea where it is because it’s not obvious time?

I think the path is on the west bank of the river but I don’t know for sure either. I expect it will be easy to find, the trick will be to leave plenty of time and have a rucksack full of provisions - just in case!!

The footpath is on the left beside the main road. The problem will be crossing the road into the Maes as no one is being allowed to cross the main road and there is a footbridge for pedestrians. I will check the handbook we were give yesterday when I get home.