Llyfr newydd - Thinking Welsh by Gareth King

S’mae, annwyl gyfeillion i gyd
Hi, dear friends all

I have been a bit silent on here lately, working hard on the new book, and this is just to give a heads-up (pennau-i fyny! - don’t go round saying that, though, it’s a joke) to all you dear folk who may be interested, that the writing is almost complete now, with just a couple of sections left to do and the intro and index, and that we are already now planning the cover. This will strongly (but in a different colour) echo that of Working Welsh, to which the new book is designed as a companion. Scheduled submission date is now within easy reach, and barring production hitches I would hope it should hit the shelves late summer.
I hope you will like it - don’t worry, I’ve managed to put some jokes in, and more importantly some of the articles are going to get me into an awful lot of trouble in certain quarters and will annoy precisely the people who need a bit of annoying, which I am greatly looking forward to. :wink:

Message ends - thank you, and carry on with your duties.

35 Likes

Brilliant news! Let us know when it gets to the pre-ordering stage :clap:

1 Like

Yes I will :slight_smile:

I’m very pleased with it, and I do hope people will like it - especially the special people on here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Should you ever need a proofreader … :wink: :grin:

1 Like

We have our own inhouse - ond diolch am y cynnig :grin: :wink:

1 Like

I thought you would, but worth a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Edrych ymlaen. :eyes::grinning:

1 Like

Mae hynny’n swnio mor gyffrous! Allwn ni ddim aros! Da iawn!! :partying_face:

That sounds so exciting! We can’t wait! Well done i chi!!

2 Likes

Diolch Ann :slight_smile:

Helo eto Gareth… I assume this is what you were referring to as “the other thread”? Even if not, I too am looking forward to your new book. And in the meant time I shall try to obtain a copy of Working Welsh.

S’mae eto Ruth. Yes - I’ll post it here shortly, and I am glad you’re looking forward to the new one. And I hope you get hold of WW and like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure I will! Just ordered a copy. Should have it next week :yum:

1 Like

Diolch am archebu!! :slight_smile:

Ooh, sounds fun. Are you by any chance taking the fight to the prescriptivists and plismyn iaith, and those who would sooner see the language decline in use than admit any teaching of (gasp) informal Welsh as it’s actually used in real communities? Oh I do hope so :partying_face:

4 Likes

Your hopes are perhaps not in vain :wink:

3 Likes

Right - the manuscript’s off and away now, so here’s a peek at the running order for anyone who is interested. Nothing controversial here, I am sure you’ll all agree! :wink:

6 Likes

Definitely one for my bookshelves, I would say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dim ond…YAYY!!

2 Likes

And here’s a preview of the Welsh index - please study closely and take appropriate notes, there will be a short written test next period…

2 Likes

The Welsh index seems invisible!

1 Like