Hi from Australia!

Yeah, I get what you mean. It’s horrible going home in the dark…a regular thing for me right now too.

It’s ok though. Lucky enough to live in the country so I have noticed quite a lot in the last few weeks that I have about an extra hour of semi-daylight before getting to watch the sunset. So yay :slight_smile: even if spring does mean stupidly busy planting season haha.

That’s cool. I’m right in the city centre, and it’s still absolutely freezing and very dark in the evenings here!

Oh yes, lots of ice around in the mornings here.

Yup, here too. Apparently it’s the coldest July in 20 years…it feels it.

Good to see another South Aussie here! I am now on lesson five an am amazed at how much i can say already. Though I am still yet to try to talk to a welsh speaker. Keep in touch! What made you want to learn welsh?

Yeah I am not sure how much he speaks (I am hoping to find out this Friday when I try it out as I am taking the kids down there) but Nanna said he used to speak a lot of it and often, she said he taught her a bit too!

Yeah it feels like it Karla, up until the last week or two we’d had bugger all rain though still. Driving through the fields the other day could have been mistaken for snow haha.

G’day Leighton, yeah I hope to be around here for quite a while (it means im still progressing, ha).
Down the track when everyones better there was a Welsh Café down by the bottom of the freeway that would have been good to catch up and meet while practising but unfortunately it shut down.
My mum was born in Barry, and the family has always been in Glamorgan as far as I can trace back so I have always had an interest. It’s only just now that I’m actually DOING something about it.

How about you?

Well done for getting started, Mick!

Don’t feel you need to aim for perfection - any time you get about half of the sentences out before you hear them, you’re definitely ready to move on - everything gets revised and revisited following a pattern of spaced repetition, so keeping moving on to new material will actually help you learn the older stuff :sunny:

1 Like

It looks like we’ve been stealing all your rain then! This has been the wettest month all year for us.

Yes thank you, it feels good. even if the missus has been looking at me like I am crazy walking around saying strange words to myself all night :smiley:

And yes Karla, you must have been. although we are due for a bit tomorrow that probably wont happen.

1 Like

Yeah, our learners tend to get quite a lot of that…:wink:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Excuse the silence. I’ve been going through a business handover. I am in Wales coordinating Stiwio Maelor and the owners left for the U.S. yesterday. This gave us forty intense, jet-lagged hours for me to get my head around everything.

I asked for a leave pass from coordinating the Aussie group while I am in Wales - to give myself freedom to enter into Welsh life. I will happily pick it up again when I get back. The task is not onerous. I generally send around an email and post on the forum prior to the meeting on the first Thursday of the month and then make the call. If anyone wants to take that over while I’m away feel free. I am happy to contact the group.

1 Like

I’ll coordinate the August session next Thursday, but as I’ll be away on holidays after, we still need a volunteer for the rest of the year. Elizabeth, I’ve PM-ed you as well :smile:

1 Like

I am in Scotland - Yr Alban - UK. We are having frosts too!!! And it is summer here!!!
I don’t know how often July is like this, but it’s more like October!!

we tend to get it reasonably often now I live out on the plains instead of in the city, but it has been a dry winter overall. Frosts in summer :open_mouth: mind you, watching the cricket it certainly doesn’t look too warm.

Hi Elizabeth and Louis. It’s good to know that there are some more experienced Aussies here too, as well as all is beginners!

1 Like

Hi Karla, Elizabeth has sent me the details for me to set up a Skype chat this Thursday 4 August at 8:30 AEST. If you, or anyone else ( @MickDavies @Leighton @Freddus ) would like to participate, please PM me your Skype ID so I can invite you into the chat? It is always good fun!

Just in case, I am lambiek33 on Skype

1 Like

Cheers Louis, is that 8.30 PM?

1 Like

I’m definitely in! I’ll PM you now. :smile:

1 Like