Hampshire Anyone?

Hi Gillian, the basic one would probably be best, and you would be surprised by how much you remember. I’m sure I saw on the dysgu Cymraeg website there’s a course starting in November. I’m definately up for meeting up for a sgwrs a coffi!

Hi Gillian and Emma

Thank you for answering my message.

I started the Sylfaen course, Emma, but had to stop after one lesson because of a work commitment.

Looking at the map Bishops Waltham is about halfway between Winchester and Fareham, but I’d be happy to meet up in Fareham, as you are both based there - it’s not too bad a drive from Winchester.

Cofion gorau

Peter

Hi Peter and Emma, sorry for the late reply. I’d be happy to drive Emma and myself to Bishops Waltham so we can have a chat. I’m the less experienced so will enjoy listening to your conversation. Not sure if time is getting too busy between now and Christmas so maybe the New Year maybe best? Let me know what you both think.
Best wishes,
Gillian

Hello Gillian

Thanks for replying and it would be great to meet you both to practise some simple Welsh - I’ll wait and see if Emma replies here and perhaps we could then arrange something. Most days and times are OK for me but I know it’s not the same for everybody. Before Christmas would be ok for me but January’s also fine. Well i fi ymarfer - I’d better do some revision!

Best regards

Peter

It would be great to meet up and practice. I work during the week so weekends are better for me though I am quite busy from now until Christmas visiting people away from the area and I’m going to my parents in Wales for Christmas

Dear Emma, and Gillian

Weekends are fine for me, so perhaps we could look at a first meet-up on a Saturday or Sunday early in the new year, and maybe work out a regular schedule from then on. Let me know what you both think.

Best regards, a cofion gorau

Peter

Hi Peter and Emma, that sounds good to me. I’m such a novice but will enjoy listening to you two. I’ll look forward to meeting in the New Year!
Best wishes,
Gillian

Hi Emma, do you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime? I only noticed now you put that in this post. Not sure how to send a private message! I’m on Instagram using my name. X
We can then arrange to meet Peter

Yes, a coffee would be fab, I do travel about a bit on weekends but I’ll let you know when I am in Fareham for the weekend without gallivanting anywhere. In the week, I work until 4pm and I guess most coffee places shut then.

That’ll be fab! Or we could pop to the fishermans?
I seem to miss replies. Let me know.

Hi Gillian

Just to say, I am still interested in meeting up, any weekend, to trio siarad Cymraeg. I’m a bit more distant from both of you, so would understand if you decided that arranging a meeting with another Fareham resident is already complicated enough! Very happy to travel though, and I am free at weekends.

Cofion gorau

Peter

Is anyone available for a coffee and chat on Friday afternoon in Fareham. Cackleberrys in town do some lovely cakes!

Hi Emma

I’d be happy to drive over this Friday to try some (very simple!) Welsh, and perhaps Gillian can make it too, I hope

That would be great Peter, in Cackleberrys? I’m available from 1pm.

I will aim to be at Cackleberry’s (new to me!) at 1 pm, and look forward to meeting you and yn siarad typyn bach o Gumraeg

Best regards

Peter

Look forward to meeting you too.

Lovely to meet you today Peter and siarad Cymraeg! My turn for the coffees next time!

Likewise! It was great to meet with you and talk a bit of Welsh, and Saesneg too. I look forward to the next occasion and also messaging occasionally, especially os tîm Cymru chwarae yn dda iawn :slightly_smiling_face:

So sorry Emma I missed this message on the forum. I you and Peter meeting again?

Sorry I missed this Peter. I didn’t receive a notification. Hopefully I’ve turned this on to normal now! :crossed_fingers:t2: Do hope I manage to get to the next meet up.