Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2023 - Llŷn ac Eifionydd

Dw i wedi bwcio tocyn am y Maes ddydd Llun, ac hefyd mae’r cyngherdd Cymdeithias yn Nefyn y nos hun -dw i wedi bod yn aros i weld Tant (grwp gwerin, ac un o fy rheswm i ddysgu Cymraeg!) ers lockdown 2021, pan o’n i’n clywed nhw gyntaf. Dw i’n aros yn y Travelodge mewn Caernarfon.

I’ve booked a ticket for the Maes on Monday, and also the Cymdeithias concert in Nefyn that night - I’ve been waiting to see Tant (a folk group, and one of my reasons for learning Welsh!) since lockdown 2021 , when I first heard them. I’m staying at the Travelodge in Caernarfon.

2 Likes

I am towing a caravan. I would appreciate a route that doesn’t involve a single track road into the camping site please? Thank you, Vicki Edmunds.

1 Like

The route is normally very clearly signposted from all directions. Just follow the yellow signs.
Last year the yellow signs (for my route to Tregaron) started way over the hills in Builth.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr.

2 Likes

Agreed!

By pure co-incidence, this has just arrived from the Eisteddfod. You may have received a copy yourself.

1 Like

To follow on from Rob’s very informative post above. Please don’t be tempted to ignore the suggested route, and travel through Pwllheli town to get to the Eisteddfod, unless you really have to!

Pwllheli is a small town which serves as the main thoroughfare for the rest of Pen Llŷn with narrow roads, one-way systems and no bypass roads at all.

So all the regular tourist traffic in and out of Pwllheli itself to Abersoch, Aberdaron and the rest of Pen Llŷn is famous for bringing the town to a complete standstill.

I grew up in Pwllheli and later lived in Mynytho at which time we only went into town during the day if we really had to, and if we couldn’t get grocery deliveries, we’d go shopping in the evenings. Out of season, it would take just 10 minutes to get into town from Mynytho, during the holiday season it took 30 minutes and parking was a nightmare.

1 Like

I still have some space in the room I’ve booked in Llety Arall in Caernarfon if anyone didn’t mind a roomie - only the huge one was left!

Well that’s fabulous as I’m staying in Nefyn sharing a house with @Cetra and Jenny Fell. Looking forward to seeing you and @aran again after ages! Planning on doing Parkrun in Pwllheli on Saturday 12th if anyone fancies it

5 Likes

I walk Parkrun at home so, volunteering commitments and weather permitting, I’ll be there too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Matilda and I will at the Eisteddfod on Sunday 6th, and I’ve also got a ticket for Thursday. Hoping that we can persuade Tilda’s Dad to come to one of the Nanhoron Arms gigs with us too.

The next time-table is available, this time for the Tŷ Gwerin, for people interested in folk music (like me :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

For various values of ‘folk’, which is, of course, entirely appropriate for a living and flourishing tradition. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cymdeithas have just announced that, despite their efforts, they haven’t been able to clear camping this year. They have apologised to those who have been waiting for news.

If you’re attending the Eisteddfod, we’ve brand new SSiW badges for sale which you can wear to recognise each other on the Maes!

3 Likes

Diolch, I ordered one “wedi” for me. The projected shipping time of “9 to 18 working days after manufacturing” for the cheapest “slow” option made it seem like a possibility that the badge may not arrive on time, so I upgraded to the middle one. It’s not often you have to pay more for shipping than for the item itself :sweat_smile:

In other news, as of today there is more information about transport to and from the Maes available:
http://eisteddfod.cymru/cyrraedd-y-maes

In short, the way to the Maes is not a problem with the regular public service buses, even for morning stewarding sessions (@margaretnock ), and in the evenings they’ll have shuttle buses to Porthmadog (with some stops on the way), Nefyn and Caernarfon (ffiw!)

2 Likes

Just ordered my “wedi” badge (although I think a “dal” badge is more appropriate, I don’t think I can put learning into the past tense yet!) and I will be proudly displaying it when I’m there (which will be either Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday). Love to meet up with any fellow SSIW students who are there at the same time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @Hendrik. I’m still miffed that it was published less than a month before things actually begin, but that’s not your fault. It really would be useful to know before booking accommodation.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you! Easier to get me to come for a pint than a parkrun, though :wink:

3 Likes

Here’s the shuttle bus timetable!

And additional travel information:

http://eisteddfod.wales/getting-maes?_ga=2.78649044.1778947685.1689154132-617980800.1675677657