Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Have had this as an earworm on & off ever since I heard it on Radio Cymru a while back :heart_eyes:
Apologies to Rob if it’s been featured before.
HMS Morris - Myfyrwyr Rhyngwladol (International Students - v fitting for SSiW).

2 Likes

It’s not my thread, so no need to apologise to me. :slight_smile:
In fact, I did post this a few months ago, but it’s well worth a re-post!

2 Likes

Fabulous new song from Lleuwen Steffan for this year’s Eisteddfod. I was lucky enough to be part of the virtual choir on the song. Were there any other SSiW-ers in there in wonder?

4 Likes

Just uploaded this kids’ show so people can watch it on Youtube. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please listen and comment on this song I wrote and performed.
That would make me very happy. Speaking Welsh is my favourite hobby.:slight_smile:

Diolch
Jen

2 Likes

Such a great way to learn words and phrases making them into a song. Da iawn i chi.
Not sure if it was the reverb but i did not grasp every word but most of them.
Mae Cath yn hyfred hefyd.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr. If you put the captioning on, you can read the lyrics yn Cymraeg.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Rownd a Rownd Videos

A lovely bit of warm Rio sunshine from Carwyn Ellis: “Ar Ôl Y Glaw”

3 Likes

Nes i joio hynny! I enjoyed that!

2 Likes

Such a treat, thank you.

1 Like

Ani Glass - Mirores

I’ve been listening to a fair bit of Welsh music on YT Music and this song was a suggested one. I understand literally 2 words, but it reminds me a lot of Goldfrapp and is my fave at the moment. Hope I haven’t duplicated!

4 Likes

Thanks, I have heard this a couple of times on Radio Cymru lately and loved it.

1 Like

Apologies if already posted…and apologies for this now to be engrained in your brain for the rest of the day! :grinning:

2 Likes

If you get the chance - go and see Calan if you can (they are on tour around the UK at the moment).
It was great to see live music for the first time in ages, and also great to meet up with @phil-egan in real-life, after having talked with him so many times over zoom. Noson wych!

4 Likes

https://www.calan-band.com/concerts

1 Like

I may be posting to the wrong thread but thought someone here might be able to help. My granddaughter has been asked to make a bilingual poster for a friend whose next gig is to launch her new EP. She (granddaughter) speaks Welsh pretty well but doesn’t want to make any mistakes on the flyer. Anyone know how to write 'EP Launch"? Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

“Lansiad E.P.” - I don’t think anyone would go as far as to translate the ‘extended player’ bit.

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Thomas. I did wonder about the EP bit, but think you’re right.

2 Likes

Not Welsh, but Breton singing - very impressive performance in traditional call & response style:
https://youtu.be/r0dPJ0HkQPk
and they’re coming to the Chwoant festival in Cardiff next Saturday 23rd April:
https://nation.cymru/culture/the-lands-of-our-fathers-new-festival-celebrates-links-between-brittany-and-wales/

2 Likes