Welsh Autumn Internationals

I’m going on record and saying: “Wales will decisively beat New Zealand next week.”

I’ll remember that when I’m celebrating next week

Sneb Becso Dam.

So far, my initial assessment has actually turned out to be overly optimistic!

Which means we may well be in for more than a 20 point loss to New Zealand - although it wouldn’t surprise me either if that was our other heart-breaker, and then we got beaten up a bit by South Africa.

I’ll rather stay drastically realistic and would say if Wales doesn’t do something really different then we’ll loose both matches (unfortunately)

However, no one is big and strong enough not to be beaten so are not AllBlacks and Springbox.

No matter how realistic I am, I hope for the best!

Doesn’t it get boring? I mean, do you remember the last time you lost? Were you even alive?

It must feel a bit like celebrating having a cup of tea. ‘Look, I’m going into the kitchen, I’m reaching for a teabag, I’m looking for a cup, I’ve GOT THE KETTLE ON YES! YES!! I’m having a cup of tea, again. No-one saw that coming. What a result.’

3 Likes

Y Gwlad Belg 0 - 0 Cymru…halfway there

1 Like

No.2 in the group table, behind Israel…good result

More to come…Israel were the team we defeated home and away to qualify for the 1958 World Cup…the great Mel Charles is quoted as saying “We had a good session in the Park Hotel (after the home game). There was no champagne, the Welsh FA couldn’t afford it. We had a pint of beer each instead”.

1 Like

Last night text exchange with my cousin
Her: “What you doing Saturday”
Me: “Don’t know, maybe at this end of season flying trade show thing”
Her: “I have a spare ticket for the All Blacks game”
Me: j"htfjtrdhtrs,jugukluryjtfmhh whiffle"

Or, translated: “Yes absolutely I can do anything I was otherwise going to do another day!”

2 Likes

Lucky you, Leia…I woke this morning in the believe Wales will win today.

1 Like

I hate it when we play New Zealand, because I’m so bored with a lifetime’s pattern of losses interspersed with heavy losses that I’d really much rather not watch it, but I know if I ever give in to that temptation, it will of course be the only time in my life that we win.

I know I really ought to take a bullet for the nation on this one, but I’m not going to.

2 Likes

So just one more last minute heartbreak to go and another mind-bogglingly predictable autumn series will be done and dusted.

Of course, we’ll be there or thereabouts in the Six Nations, because that’s our comfort zone, and then we’ll beat England but lose to Australia in the World Cup. England will beat Australia, though, and the two of them will go through on points difference (or however they decide a three-way tie).

You heard it here first.

1 Like

The grass roots rugby in England, Wales and Scotland is down the pan…Mind you if our youth were competing in rapid speed texting or the latest video game - locked in their bedrooms eating kebabs, pizza, burgers - we’d leave the southern hemisphere standing.

The story here is that football/soccer is attracting much more interest, and that interest in rugby (and rugby league, and to a lesser extent, AFL) is waning.

Heard a great comment on Radio Cymru - “New Zealand can be vulnerable at the end of a tour…but, not when it matters.” :smile:
In Wales, England, Scotland it’s as if at root the competitive spirit has been sucked out of our nations…From school days onwards.

1 Like

S4C is just full of adverts for sofa selling companies at the moment…and Gavin Henson is piling up the points for Bath, never too late, how about it Warren?

Well, I made it through to this morning without knowing what the score was or who had won. I just knew it was 3-3 at half time, so I was really excited to watch the game on Clic. And I now know for sure where my allegiance lies as I let out a passionate “NOOOO” when the All Blacks scored their first try, then jumped around shrieking with delight when Wales scored theirs. If only the game could have finished 15 minutes earlier!

And I’m so envious of @Leiafee for actually being there!!

1 Like

Are you coming next Saturday? There will be loads of tickets around, I shall be in Caerdydd from ddydd iau, a dros y sul. Tickets can be collected from The Old Arcade pub ddydd sadwrn bore. Prayers (optional) Tabernacl Capel.

1 Like

Tempting Stuart, very tempting!!