Welsh Autumn Internationals

I just heard that, Stu…Mr Duw - Helpwch Cymru!!!

Astounded to see lot’s of empty seats in the stadium.

Was offered a seat. Seventy quid. For what is, in the end, a friendly. No thanks. I could buy seventy quid’s worth of beer for that.

Duw,Duw,Duw! Seventy quid could buy a decent-sized sofa to hide behind, eto

I’ve stopped going to the games because I think they’re no good for my hen galon but watching yesterday’s even on the tele made it stop at least three times.

As a “warm up for the World Cup” it wasn’t too shabby, though.

1 Like

Anyone joining me in supporting the Crysau Duon then? :wink:

No!!!

1 Like

Willingly, Dee - they’re a great team, but I’ve just learned from you that “Crysau Duon” is our translation of “All Blacks”. I’m of a generation which will have to block out other connotations :smile:

2 Likes

I see that ‘Alfie’ Thomas was on Scrum V tonight, does anyone know if he followed through his pledge to become Cymraeg rhugl at the end of his stint on Cariad@Iaith? Wynne Evans da iawn, wrth grws…how did the others from that series fare?
It wasn’t all grim yesterday, the Engalnd Captain dropped a dolly of a pass at the very end of their game to send them off the field like a proverbial flock of white sheep(ish)

1 Like

Ty Tawe are showing them all if anyone fancies some moral support to watch! :wink:

So that’s one, let’s see if we can get the other. #prophet

I get the distinct impression that you rather enjoy Wales losing…

Well, no-one in my immediate vicinity suffered any actual bodily harm this time round, so I might indeed be becoming accustomed to it…

1 Like

Having joined nearly every other Welsh person behind various sofas last Saturday, I am venturing into Carmarthen to watch this weeks game in a pub… yes, I am being let out for a whole day of beer and rugby!! I am hoping to hear the game being discussed in Welsh too, Carmarthen being far more Welsh speaking than Barry where we have just moved from - any chance of getting a vocab lesson together purely for rugby fans?! Probably best start with ‘snatching defeat from the jaws of victory’ :frowning:

I seem to remember Iestyn having created just such a lesson some time ago. Very funny it was, too. But I couldn’t tell you if it is still anywhere to be found on the site here.

Yup, Iestyn and Cat recorded that, I wrote the script, and we left it behind us on the old site - so I’ve just dug it up and moved it over to our Course 1 introductory page:

https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/course1

Hope you enjoy it! :sunny:

2 Likes

14:00 Clwb Rygbi Rhyngwladol - Cymru v Fiji
Live coverage of Wales’ second autumn international match against Fiji. All the action and analysis, with kick off at 2.30pm.

S4C’s coverage is really first class…

And Thank you, I have no doubt I’ll enjoy in this one. [quote=“aran, post:36, topic:1259”]
Yup, Iestyn and Cat recorded that, I wrote the script, and we left it behind us on the old site - so I’ve just dug it up and moved it over to our Course 1 introductory page:

https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/course1

Hope you enjoy it! :sunny:
[/quote]

I’ve downloaded it before it vanishes somewhere deep behind again - LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love to listen to the Welsh speach and the first encounter with Welsh language was Welsh commentary on one rugby game (don’t remember which anymore though) in year 2010 or so but FOR NOTHING ON THIS WORLD I WOULDN’T MISS JONATHAN’S COMENTARIES ON BBC! His comments always make my day and since I don’t see well and can easily miss quite some actions, he’s my third eye so i can better grasp the whole happenings on the field and understand the game.

And … I wonder how the matches would go if he would be Welsh head coach! I’m really curious about that. My opinion is players would work more on the technique and swift play or at least there would be more visible results of such training.

Peidiwch ag anghofio: y diawl coch erbyn y ddraig goch heno: http://www.brussel.be/artdet.cfm?id=4843&agendaid=1822
Mae rhai sy’n disgwyl i Wlad Belg ennill …