Welsh Autumn Internationals

The last time I was tempted by a game against South Africa, the two lads next to me got all excited when James Hook came on, while I moaned slightly in despair. They asked me why, and I said that he was a lovely, natural player who had a nasty habit of doing silly things, and within two minutes he gave a scoring intercept pass to Jean de Villiers that cost us the game.

They bought me a pint, but it didn’t ease the pain.

1 Like

'Meet-up ‘impromptu’ - how do we say that in Cymraeg? 'ar y pryd neu byrfyfyr?- allan Y Tafarn Old Arcade un o’r gloch ddydd sadwrn…I have been reliably informed there will be more tickets flying about for this game than there were for the Bedwellty Pigeon Club trip to Porthcawl

It was wonderful fun - especially in in those odd moments when you could let yourself believe, “Just maybe…”

We were sat next to some lovely All Blacks supporters and had a good natter waiting for the stadium to clear - they were over for the tour and reckon the Welsh fans were the nicest they met!

2 Likes

I’m sure lots of Kiwis consider Wales a second home, even if they don’t actually move here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do we know one of them? :smiley:

14:00 Clwb Rygbi Rhyngwladol - Cymru v De Affrica
The last of the Dove Men Autumn Internationals at the Millennium Stadium as Wales take on South Africa. Kick off is at 2.30pm.

Wales have disappointed but S4Cs presentation has been first class…I’ll be watching out to see how many empty seats fill the stadium and enjoy the singing…Oh! and wondering if Wales will at least have me watching the whole match…That would be a result.

Well, I guess you were glued to your seat, Kim.
Two southern hemisphere wins has put me in a very good mood for Christmas. :clap: :clap:

Glued I was; gutted I was as my laptop crashed dumped in the final ten minutes…I was dreading knowing the final result. But, it ended well: the boys dug in and managed the final hurdles well.
Just think! in nine weeks time we’ll be playing England at home…
Disappointed to see lots of empty seats again today - Something must be done about pricing.

1 Like

Well, they managed them - I don’t know about well! - they made more mistakes in the last 10 against SA than they did against NZ, they just didn’t get punished for them in the same way.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this affects them psychologically - because they had enough possession and played enough good rugby to have won that by 20 points. If they become confident enough to be calmer at the key moments, and to do better at turning pressure into points, they could do some real damage.

Biggar has had a genuinely superb series. He’s got to be our first choice 10 for the 6 Nations and the World Cup. We’d benefit hugely from having a steady 9/10 axis - and much to my surprise, Webb has clearly taken his chance, and will be starting ahead of Phillips for the foreseeable future. I’m still looking forward to seeing Gareth Davies back from his very unfortunate knee injury - he looks like the classiest option we’ve had at 9 since Howley was at his best. Well, with a nod to Dwayne Peel in 2005, too.

Wow! hope everyone got into the game, tickets all over for £20 after 2pm…sat in ‘hellfire corner’ - where that mighty scrummage took place in the last few minutes with three just brilliant young ladies from Mold, and despite what the cynics say Cymraeg was in use all over the City Centre yesterday, from Cor Cochion to the Marchnad Nadolig and the ticket checkers at the Stadium…Anyone in Caerdydd over the next few weeks, try and catch the Nativity Play, Capel, Tabernacl The Hayes, three performances each day by members and friends of this wonderful church.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure I would have remembered if there had been three young ladies from Mold in that scrum…:wink:

1 Like

here comes a limerick…do we have these in Cymraeg by eh way?

Three brilliant young ladies from Mold
Tickets to the game were all sold
(etc)

Cyfres Cerddi Gwalch: 1. Limrigau Lyfli

Cyfres Cerddi Gwalch: 1. Limrigau Lyfli
£5.99 Editor: Myrddin ap Dafydd
Paperback Available ISBN: 9781845273842 (1845273842)
Publication Date: May 2012 Publisher: Gwasg Carreg Gwalch

A collection of limericks for children, edited by Myrddin ap Dafydd. Features limericks by Dewi Pws, Geraint Lovgreen, Ifan Gruffydd and Dewi Prysor. Also features fully coloured illustrations by Siôn Morris.

http://www.gwales.com/search_basic/