Volunteer '5 Minute' Listeners

@gill-fickling @glynnhughes2002 perhaps you could practise over Zoom together?

Deborah
Diolch, ond dw i’n Level 1 Challenge 21 Fersiwn Gogledd.
Dw i’n wedi bod i Criccieth y wythnos 'ma ar fferm yn gweithio. Lawer o siariadwyr yn y ardal.
Hywl
Glynn

Da iawn, Glynn! Mae’n wych gest ti’r gyfle i ddefnyddio dy Gymraeg yng Nghricieth. Lle hyfryd! Great that you got to use your Welsh in Cricieth. Lovely place!

It doesn’t make a lot of difference when one speaking partner is doing the southern course and the other the northern. There aren’t a huge number of differences and it can help you to be able to understand Radio Cymru, S4C, and the variety of people you’re likely to meet in Cymru.

1 Like

Hi Gill, I’m on challenge 20 and looking for a listener too. If you still are I’m hsjones3@gmail.con diolch

1 Like

Shwmae,

Dw i’n byw yn Dyfnaint hefyd, yng Nghaerwysg (Exeter). A ti?

Kev

Haia Margaret dw i’n chwilio am rhywun clywed mi siarad. Dw i newydd wedi gorffen uned 19.
Frances

I see you have responded to a very old post I made in this thread. Unfortunately I’m not in a position to be a listening partner at the moment. Sorry. I hope you can find someone else. (I’ve replied in English because that’s the usual language for discussion here. It means that new learners don’t feel left out.)

2 Likes

Hey there!

I’m looking for someone willing to listen for five minutes :face_with_peeking_eye: of course I’ll also listen if someone else is looking for a partner right now.
I’m on challenge 20 of level one (north). I’m usually quite flexible during the day and my time zone is gmt+2

Maybe talk to you soon! Hannah

1 Like

Hi. I am on Challenge 19 (South) and would be happy to share sentences!

Dwi’n byw yn Lerpwl a gan fy mod wedi ymddeol mae gennyf amser i gael sgwrs yn ystod y dydd fel arfer.

Shwmae pawb! Dw i’n chwilio am rywun i ymarfer gyda fi. Dw i newydd orffen Challenge 21 (S). Os oes gyda ti deg munud, plis, dywedwch ‘helo’! Diolch.

1 Like

Hi Hannah, I’m on the Northern course level 1 challenge 22. Are you still looking for a partner? If so I’d love to listen, swap sentences, chat. I’m on GMT and usually free around midday and in the evening.

1 Like

Hello - Is anyone free to be a listening partner? @jill-hazel-walsh , @hannah-deuchler @darren-fox did you all get sorted? I guess you are a few weeks ahead of me (I’m on challenge 20). I’m quite bad at doing the extra tasks, so I’d like to get back on track here.
I live in Wales and I’m free most evenings and weekends.

Diolch pawb.

Hi Desra,
I do have a listening partner but I’d be very happy to have another one. I live in Cheshire and I’m also usually free in the evenings and weekends.
All the best, Jill

Fantastic - diolch yn fawr. I’ll drop you a message to arrange a good time. Yikes!! :smiley: nervous smile

Shwmae Desra, shwmae @jill-hazel-walsh

Dw i wedi siarad gyda @hannah-deuchler a dyn ni’n mynd i siarad eto ar y penwythnos. Ond hoffen i gwrdd a mwy pobol os dwi’n gallu.
Dw i wedi ymddeol felly mae llawer o amser gyda fi.

Anfona neges i fi os dych chi’n moyn!

Thanks for the reply @darren-fox, though it looks like your Welsh is far more advanced than mine. I had to use Google translate for the last line :slight_smile:

I will definitely get in touch when I feel more confident. Diolch eto.

Diolch! There is every possibility that the Welsh is wrong though!!

That’s one of the reasons we try to keep English as the forum language (except for the thread https://en.forum.saysomethingin.com/t/be-dach-chin-gwneud-rwan-a-phethau-arall-yn-gymraeg-a-topic-to-practice-welsh-open-to-all ), because although we know people are keen to get practising their written Welsh, it can sometimes put off newer learners who think they aren’t advanced enough (and speaking and writing are very different skills! :wink: ).

2 Likes

HI Darren,
It would be great to speak to you. I’m around in the evenings (except for Mondays) and alternate weekends and can sometimes be flexible around lunchtimes.
I will message you and see what we can arrange.
Jill

1 Like

I am generally free on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings. And most of the time at the weekends. Just let me know!