Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

I’d love to join in, I haven’t got a great voice, was in school choir many, many moons ago but I’m able to keep in tune when we sing in church! I’ve only just seen the original message so not sure if I’m too late.

1 Like

Helo, bydde, wrth gwrs!

1 Like

Could you play the alto part on the piano or send the music ?

1 Like

If you’re looking for another bass - count me in. :smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to have a go. I haven’t sung for years, my voice is rusty. Was an alto in school choir ( 45 years ago!) now verging on tenor.LOL. The techno side of things is going to spook me. But I guess I’ll play the backing on the laptop with headphones and record on my phone. Have you got the words written out and the alto part which I could play on the piano to practice. When do you want the recording by? Do you have an English translation?

1 Like

Thank you for posting the musical score. Where can I find the words? When I record, am I to use Soundcloud? I’m excited about this project. The song is not familiar to me but the music resembles Calon Lan.

2 Likes

I’d love to join in. I’m a tenor or bass and can read music. Da iawn ti.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to amend my username which reads rather impersonally. Gareth Edwards dw’i’. Diolch.

1 Like

I’ll play all parts on piano and post them if that is helpful. I’m waiting for someone to sing the bass for me and hopefully the tenor. But I can play them for you. I posted the music somewhere in here. Handwritten so possibly too messy to read :joy:

I also need to list the words. Sorry I forgot to do that.

If you’re stuck, I’ll happily sing the bass part for you. I read music, especially if it’s not too syncopated.
(As my granddaughter frequently sings “It’s all about the bass, about the bass …” :laughing: )

1 Like

Yes, please! We sing this hymn at church (in Welsh and English). I sing Alto in Cor Cymysg Dyffryn Conwy so it would be good to learn the Alto line. I’d like the words and the music if poss. My email address is: camilla@thefishers.biz

2 Likes

I’d definitely be interested! I have a background in choral singing (usually soprano, but I would be happy to do any part). I’d prefer to have the music if possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gwych! Diolch yn fawr iawn for taking this initiative, Ceri

Count me in - I’m baritone really but often lumped with the bass parts in Coventry’s very small Cor Cymraeg (one day we’ll get a real bass again :slight_smile: ). Happy to record B & T

I’ll play all parts on piano and post them if that is helpful.

… that would indeed be helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ceri. I would love to join in please. I sing alto regularly in a chamber choir in York.
Carys

2 Likes

I’m definitely interested! :smiley: I sing in a choir currently (our concert should have been last weekend) and am really missing it. I sing low alto usually, but I could probably do sop, alto, or tenor depending on what you need. Never sang in Welsh before so I’d be excited to!

2 Likes

yes I can do alto or tenor and my husband can do tenor or bass at a push. Do you have recordings of the parts as well as the music?

1 Like

I would be interested as well. Have sung in lots of choirs and groups large and small over the years, and have been missing it lately. Usually sing alto but have nearly a two-octave range (when warmed up). Not familiar with this song, so would need a lot of info (written music I see above, but also words!). Lovely idea!

2 Likes

My husband is happy to edit it together if you want him to unless of course you already have someone who can do that.

2 Likes

I’d love to join in! Keep me posted. I sing alto.

2 Likes

Would love to join the choir. I sing Soprano. Please can I have the words and music if possible. Many thanks Margaret Sonia x Diolch yn fawr . Dw i’n canu un y cor.

1 Like