Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Hi @ceri-francis I’d like to join in with this if i can, please. I sing bass or tenor (badly) in Cor Gobaith… It’s very similar to Calon Lan which we do in 4 part harmony. Do you have a score or audio files for the different parts?

They will be coming soon :grinning:

hahaha - why am I not surprised @carin-harris:rofl:

1 Like

I’m not sure if I need to tag everyone who is interested in joining in. @Hendrik - do you want to do it. I hope so. Also, @carin-harris @Onion - I know you ant to join in so I’m tagging you.

3 Likes

This is the link to Nia speaking out the words. @nia.llywelyn was there anything you wanted to clarify about older words? https://soundcloud.com/ceri-francis/my-movie-6

lol well gotta give it a go. Will you be supplying a track for the harmony? Just wondering.

I’m in, if you’ll have me :slight_smile:
I’d be willing to try and record two tracks, one with the main melody and one with a baritone-ish bass backing.

1 Like

yes, just running to catch up. family starving, house a tip. soon. :rofl:

Would love to be involved, @ceri-francis. Fine with harmony or tune.

What a beautiful arrangement!

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d love to be involved. I can sing bass or tenor.

1 Like

I’d love to be involved. I used to sing in choirs quite regularly as a soprano if that helps?

1 Like

I’d love to be a part of this. Sing bass in choir and in barbershop chorus.

1 Like

I’d like to join too, bass.

1 Like

Anyone can sing the tune - male or female. Please do your best to sing exactly what I am singing. Either sing in the same pitch as me or take it down an octave to suit your voice. Please let me know if my voice is too quiet or too loud for you. Please use this track to record the main tune whether your a male or female voice.

3 Likes

These are the recording tracks for alto voices. I’ve done verse 1 and 2 separately so you don’t have a long gap. So you will need to record both verses separately and send them two me as separate files.

3 Likes

/Users/newuser/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/3d/00/3d3e/S%uTaMpLSm2egSWLBvAxIA_thumb_3d3e.jpg

This is the music. The rhythm looks complicated but it’s basically just being aware of places where the tune is slightly syncopated/ahead of the beat.

2 Likes

Hi Ceri
Would love to have a go, used to sing soprano but have never sung in Welsh!
Natalie

2 Likes

There is a first time for everything! Go for it and have fun @nataliesanders!

Slightly embarassingly for me, I think I may have reason to hold back a bit for now. @ceri-francis probably has an idea why. As soon as I can I’ll sing, record, etc… I’m still planning to give in and sleep this afternoon, but I am noting what is being posted about how…

Natalie, I hope you know that if you have any personal messages you can direct message people and just ask… no worries, whatever helps!

Dyma… hm! well, I gotta say, “cariad” rili!
:grin::wink: Welcome aboard! With you while you find your sea legs,
Lorna x

1 Like

It sounds great but no, I won’t spoil this party with my cracking voice which didn’t properly sang from the childhood and especially not in the choir. But I’d answer techy question if I may.

My answer would be, yes, you need two devices. I’ve tried to record just my voice with backing music played on the same device when doing my rap. Unfortunately it didn’t work so I needed my PC to secretly observe my own words and to play the music with headphones on while I’ve recorded audio with my phone (I did video separately though and then syncing it with better audio only quality).

So, yes, the two devices would be needed at least as much as I know and as much as I could experience.

And now have fun! I have no doubt this will be magnificent choir! Hardly wait to hear it.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Tatjana. Good to know I wasn’t making that up :blush:

2 Likes