The Llŷn Peninsula

Great story and a charitable thought, however, her latest pleasure is to swerve seamlessly from Darcy Bussell to Vera Duckworth and back.:grinning: never a dull moment …

I’d give a signature under this!

Episode 3…Was that Aran and Catrins next door neighbour I saw? I think their was a shot of their street.

1 Like

Yes, that was Claire, and our street, our view, our trampoline in the garden next door and our car parked on the street.

You’ll also see Karen Devlin who’s an SSiW learner and came on the recent Northern Luxury Bootcamp. She was filmed in Llanaelhaearn, the village where I was raised.

4 Likes

This is a briliantly shot and reported programme but we always come away feeling a bit more sad having watched it. In the previous episode, the sight of that lady, almost in tears for fear that the Heather Queen fair would die out had me questioning whether it was right and respectful for me to carry on using my crap Welsh. Cultures and communities can be so fragile and one worries what might tip things over the edge. Amazed to see that the famous bloke from Mynytho didn’t manage to photobomb this latest episode😀

1 Like

The more I read this thread the more I’m sad I am not able to watch the series but one thing is for sure (at least I feel and think this way): better using “crap” (although I deep in my soul know you don’t use crap Welsh) language then not using it at all.

Remember one thing: if language is used - spoken - no matter how “crap” it might seam to you, it is alive. If not used AT ALL it can be dead forever!

So use it. In time it won’t be (so you think not I) crap at all!

1 Like

I agree with that and please don’t be put off the programme. What comes across really strongly is how much the language is the bedrock of the culture. I just really hope that both can persist in a tough economic situation. The difficult to achieve solution is probably the creation of more high value jobs and that’s a problem all over rural Britain. And in a lot of urban areas too.

Great episode but it’s given me a massive bout of shed envy😀

2 Likes

[quote=“catrinlliarjones, post:24, topic:2633”]
You’ll also see Karen Devlin who’s an SSiW learner and starred in the recent Northern Luxury Bootcamp. She was filmed in Llanaelhaearn, the village where I was raised
[/quote] fixed that for you, @catrinlliarjones . I was excited to see Karen on this program and to get a real sense of the incredible views that she sees every day. :blush: (and also to see Ed, her husband, who was accosted one afternoon by a van full of tired buccaneers just so Karen could steal a roadside snog.)

(bootcampers autocorrected to buccaneers so I decided to leave it. Rather fitting don’t you think?)

4 Likes

Just discovered this and I sooooo want to move here! So beautiful and imagine being able to speak cymraeg in most places!

2 Likes

And as an added benefit, you’d become bi-lingual - in Gog a De! :slight_smile:

2 Likes