Submitting the petition, update!

@Deborah-SSi Up to 937! Diolch to Anon from Sherman Oaks, CA, USA and, more exciting, Anastasia from Tomsk, Russia! We only seem to have 4 on the map in Russia and none are in Tomsk!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always fancied wombling free in Tomsk. To think perhaps I could go there and speak Welsh!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

938 last one anon! Diolch if it is you!

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi, @aran, @Iestyn - Pawb - 956!! Suddenly, overnight!!! I cannot remember all the names or where they are all from, but if you, reading this, are one of them : ā€œDiolch yn fawr iawn!ā€
Only 46 more to 1,000!! @Deborah-SSi I think this is worth a ā€˜Diolchā€™ in the n/l, no?

Funny ā€¦ I was playing some Mike Batt songs on Youtube earlier todayā€¦ :slight_smile:

@Deborah-SSi 958 Diolch to @Araceli in Santa Fe. Argentina (team certainly run us close today!) and to a lady called Hilary in London!

13/11 @Deborah-SSi - 959 - Diolch WD in Idaho!!!

1 Like

I noticed @jonathansimcock shared it on Facebook, which could have been responsible for part of the jump :sunny:

Diolch yn fawr, @jonathansimcock!

@Deborah-SSi Diolch Reuben in Ireland who is 960!!!

Bliss! Joy!! DIOLCH YN FAWR PAWB

1007!!!

Diolch @Deborah-SSi for all the support in the n/l!
Diolch to all the 47 people from all over the world who signed or who advertised so that their St. Davidā€™s Society or their Chapel or whoever all signed!!
Donā€™t stop! The more the merrier! If 47 new signatures could appear just like that - Iā€™ll bet there are more who would sign if they knew!! But, for now, you have made this aged dragon very happy!

4 Likes

Thick and fast they come! Rolling in like the waves of the sea!!

1010!! Diolch Alison, Gwyn and Karl!
See @Deborah-SSi the power of SSiW n/l!!

1 Like

And more - 1014
two anon in UK, Sandy from New Brighton and Marilyn from Toronto!
Diolch Pawb!!!
@Deborah-SSi - take note!!
p.s. I think Iā€™ll wait until we get over 1020 to update again!

1 Like

So here we are! @Deborah-SSi 1021!!!
Diolch! Diolch yn fawr! Chubut, Manchester, different parts of Australia!
Again - Diolch Pawb!

2 Likes

@Deborah-SSi, @aran, @BronwenLewis Just to sayā€¦
Iā€™mā€¦

( well, I would be if I had the puff!!)
Diolch to all who brought another spate of signatures!! 1033 now!
from West Sussex and Southampton to Dundee via Shropshire, York and other English spots, with a side helping from Lucerne, not in Switzerland but Calfiornia!!

2 Likes

Similarly, thereā€™s plenty of potential for S4C, BBC Alba and TG4 to share various series, given that all already use subtitles, and also co-operate on documentaries and music programmes.

Iā€™m sure sharing is possible, but worry lest that is used to further reduce original home-made programs yn Gymraeg!

There I was, scrolling down the new signatures, which take us to 1042!!
Mansfield,Cambridge, Nottingham, Harlow, Niagara Falls? I guess this must be a place very close to the waterfalls, not that someone lives under or in them!! But it was a surprise! Diolch yn fawr! And to all those from UK, including Y Parch from Milton Keynes and Rosemary in Stoke on Trent!
@Deborah-SSi Please note!

2 Likes

@Deborah-SSi, @aran, @Iestyn, Have any of you come across a SSiWer from the Isle of Islay? (Pronouced like English ā€˜eyeā€™-la).
Checking the signature list as usual this morning, I was amazed to find that after 1043, Anon of Preston, came 1044, Sharon of Port Charlotte, Islay.
This island, quite close as the crow flies, hoiuses Janetā€™s stepfatherā€™s grave, so I went once with her and her mother, when staying up here back when. The entire population is about 3,300, of which about 1,000 live in Port Ellen. Port Charlotte is about the 3rd largest place. I was amazed that someone, anyone, on Islay, was interested in the fate of S4C!! There is no mark on the SSiW map, so Sharon hasnā€™t asked @Sionned to put her on. Maybe a Cymraes Cymraeg has moved up here?
@margaretnock This may interest you!!

I only went once. I can date it to November 2009, when we went to visit an English friend who had lived in Scotland for more than 20 years and is a locum shepherd, who was doing a locum job on the island just before her employer went into hospital. Just a month before i broke my leg and started to do SSIW because I couldnā€™t go to class.

Perhaps you could phone the manager of the Post Office and ask him to put a note up in his/her shop asking for Sharon to come forward.

I remember going to a community garden, vegetable growing project in an old walled garden. I also remember going to an art gallery where I came across a picture which went along with the phrase

ā€˜Barnā€™s burnt down. I can see the moonā€™. Out of disaster, a silver lining.

1 Like

No need. Because I started the petition, I could get to see her e-mail address and Iā€™ve sent her a message. It is up to her if she answers!