SSiWer on Bore Cothi

Just had my first full chat with a researcher, Lowri, for a segment on, Bore Cothi, sometime next week. The chat went well but having to concentrate fully for 10 minutes whilst talking about my background was really exhausting. With no face or gestures to give me clues it really had me digging deep…
Happily, Lowri was great and it turns out we’ve drank at the same pub in Llandwrog occasionally. What’s more you receive a small stipend.

3 Likes

Yes, wasn’t he wonderful and such a good advertisement for SSiW - I could easily understand every word he said and I LOVED the accent!!!

1 Like

Here’s Gaby 1hr 31/32 minutes in… :clap:

Hollol wych. Diolch o waelod calon i ti, Gaby!

A llongyfarchiadau gwresog iawn ar safon arbennig dy Gymraeg di… :star: :star2:

2 Likes

Thank you all! It was a lot of fun chatting with Shân yesterday, she’s always been very supportive towards learners. I look forward to hear many new SSiWers in Radio Cymru next year.

Nadolig llawen i chi gyd,
Gaby

3 Likes

Did you do it live or pre-record, Gaby?

We recorded the interview just before the program started, but they aired it pretty much as it was.

Gaby

Thanks, Gaby! The show contacted me last week with an invite for the New Year - which I’ve said yes to - giving me a choice of live or pre-record: I think I’ll go pre-record. Diolch!

2 Likes

Just had my first full chat with a researcher, Lowri, for a segment on, Bore Cothi, sometime next week. The chat went well but having to concentrate fully for 10 minutes whilst talking about my background was really exhausting. With no face or gestures to give me clues it really had me digging deep…
Happily, Lowri was great and it turns out we’ve drank at the same pub in Llandwrog occasionally. What’s more you receive a small stipend.

5 Likes

Just listened to Gaby - wow, da iawn, Cymraeg gwych! Looking forward to dinas - let us know when to listen out!!

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing it Kim. Make sure you post a link when it’s available!

Just finished talking to Shân and I’m on this morning…I think just after half ten.

2 Likes

Kim,

Did that go out on today’s (i.e. Thursday 15th Jan) Bore Cothi?
I had a quick skim through the iplayered programme , but have not manage to catch you so far (although I am more aurally challenged than usual at the moment, which isn’t helping).

Diolch,
Mike

It didn’t. I must have misunderstood what I was told - which doesn’t surprise me. It was great to talk to, Shân, but I realised after that there might be a disconnect to what she was asking - I heard - and how I replied. Which is normal for me even in English. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s up now. I can be heard 41/42 minutes in…Can’t bring myself to listen

4 Likes

Gwych! :star2:

Kim, you’ve done so well. I’m so proud of you. I still remember your first Bootcamp, and now here you are chatting away on radio with Shân Cothi (or should that be Sheila Cothi?!..;-)). Hollol, hollol wych.

And diolch yn fawr iawn for such a great plug for the course :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Da iawn Kim! Oedd dy gyfweliad yn ardderchog! Excellent interview! I thought you spoke really, really well - and it was quite a long chat too. Llongyfarchiadau. :clap:

1 Like

Wow, well done Kim! You sounded really at ease with the interview and the language. Looking forward to see you again this summer. Dal ati!

Gaby

2 Likes

@Dinas, joiais i dy gyfweliad yn fawr iawn - ti mor ddoniol!

Mae wastad yn ysbrydoledig clywed dysgwyr eraill ar y radio (yn enwedig un sy’ dw i 'di cyfarfod wyneb-i-wyneb).

Da iawn ti! :beer:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Hopefully, will hear loads more SSIWers on her show over the coming months.

3 Likes