SSiW Team Family Bereavements

Dear community,

We kindly ask you to bear with us for the next two weeks or so as we navigate some unexpected staff shortages.

We regret to have to share with you that two members of the SSiW team are going through some sad and difficult times at the moment, meaning that they cannot be at work.

On Saturday the 8th of June, Catrin’s father passed away, so she is currently on compassionate leave. Then on Friday the 14th, Deborah, who lives in the Basque country, received word that her mother, who lives in Australia was terribly ill and nearing the end of her life. Deborah took the first flight she could to Australia and so is also currently on compassionate leave.

Because of this, the weekly email and some online sessions will be affected, and Deborah will be less present on the forum for the time being. But the SSiW cogs keep turning and a strong and capable team remains in place, as well as a fantastic support network of volunteers here on the forum and in Slack

We thank you all for your patience and understanding

7 Likes

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Be strong.

2 Likes

One thing about running a business that feels like a community - I’m sure that you can count on that understanding. Maen nhw ill dwy yn ein meddyliau ni - both Catrin and Deborah are very much in our thoughts.

4 Likes

Thinking of you all xx

3 Likes

Very sorry to hear.

2 Likes

Agreed. My condolences to Catrin, and warmest thoughts to you both.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. Catrin and Deborah will be very much in my thoughts and prayers.

2 Likes

Thinking of you all. Best wishes to Catrin and Deborah. x

2 Likes

My condolences to Catrin on the loss of her father. My thoughts are also with Deborah at this difficult time.

2 Likes

Catrin and Deborah, so sorry to hear this news. I’m sure you know that you’ll be in the thoughts of all in the SSiW community.

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr to all of you. I’ve just popped in to say how much I appreciate the support of our SSi community. I heard the news that my Mum had passed away before I could reach Perth, so not the ideal situation, but my brother and I are supporting each other and making all the necessary arrangements, so we will get through it together.

14 Likes

Diolch calon all for your kind words, they are such a comfort.

My father’s funeral is tomorrow, so deep breaths from now till then.

Some of you may have met my father if you’ve ever been lucky enough to visit the Lloyd George Museum in Llanystumdwy, Gwynedd. Dad, an expert in the life and work of D.L.G, was the museum’s curator and worked there till he was in his 80s. Always in a suit and bow tie, he was a distinctive, knowledgeable and interesting character. :heart:

12 Likes

Oh Deborah, I’m so very sorry you couldn’t get to see her, but I’m sure she knew you’d have been there if you could. Glad at least that you have your brother with you and can support each other through this. Be kind to yourselves and take it one day at a time.

2 Likes

My condolences to you both and so sorry to hear that despite your valiant effort Deborah that you was too late.

Tough times ahead for you and your families. Grief is a very personal thing, take all the time you need, we’ll still be here when you feel ready.
Thinking of you x

2 Likes

Thinking of you @CatrinLliarJones :rose:

2 Likes

All the very best to you both. I hope you’re doing ok through such a difficult time

2 Likes

My thoughts and best wishes are with you both.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that . Such sad times for you and Catrin

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your losses. My thoughts are with you.

2 Likes

Thinking of you all.

2 Likes