SSiW Online Eisteddfod 2021 WINNERS

Wel, dwi wedi cael sioc fawr i ennill yn y catogari hwn. Yn enwedig gan fod cymaint o gynigion.
Diolch yn fawr iawn , Ieuan Wyn am eich sylwadau hyfryd. Rwy’n falch iawn o’u darllen.
Well, I had a shock to win this category. Especially as there were so many entries.
Thank you so much, Ieuan Wyn for you lovely comments. I am so happy to read them.
Thank you all the SSIW team for providing the opportunity and platform to encourage me to write and giving me the confidence to face the public domain. It is definitely not a small fête.
And last but not least our wonderful Gisella, what a star you are…

6 Likes

Llongyfarchiafau/congratulations @franhunni! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Cetra…franhunni?
Diolch Cetra…Llongyfarchiadau mawr i ti hefyd dwi ‘di mwynhau dy monologue …ti’ clyfar iawn…

1 Like

Well done to everyone :clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Wps! Wrong “fr…” Sara!! :rofl:

Huge congratulations to everyone who competed/won/got placed - fabulous entries by all. Da iawn pawb!

3 Likes

Congratulations to all the entrants.
Llongyfarchiadau!

2 Likes

Llonyfarchiadau mawr to all the winners, and diolch yn fawr iawn to all who entered. I had such fun reading or listening to all your entries, even in the categories that are still challenging for me to read, like short stories. A special round of applause for @gisella-albertini for all her work in organizing and presenting the entries so beautifully.

Just a note for @amanda-king. I was hoping for a chance to tell you that I loved your book review, and I’m glad the judges agreed. Your enthusiastic review sent me back to my own copy of Geiriadur Cymraeg Cyfoes with renewed appreciation for all it offers. I really enjoyed your short story, too,

3 Likes

Your story was arresting and memorable. I hope it will find a wider audience, perhaps in a magazine or anthology.

3 Likes

A beautiful rendition of Aberdaron, Hendrik. Of course, I recognized your voice!

3 Likes

I totally agree with @Anne-D’s comment that many of these written entries - poetry and prose - deserve a wider audience, so I would like to suggest that you all consider sending your contributions through to Rob for publication in Y Wennol - the online Welsh magazine for learners.

Y Wennol - Online Welsh Magazine

I’m sure he would be delighted to have lots of material to include in coming editions, and it would be fitting that many more people are inspired by what you have produced. :star2:

7 Likes

Llongyarchiadau pawb! Diolch @gisella-albertini post dwi’n cân :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d just like to say another heartfelt thank you to @gisella-albertini @Deborah-SSi and everyone else in the SSIW team for making this amazing eisteddfod happen! :heart_eyes:And another thank you for my lovely prize, and another thank you to Cant A Mil for sponsoring prizes! :heart_eyes: Cant A Mil have a wonderful selection of second hand books and I spent a happy hour making my selections, and I’ll have many a happy hour reading them! :slight_smile: Here’s a link to their second hand bookstore for all you bookworms out there, and a picture of my prize haul!! :slight_smile:

Llyfrau ail-law / Second-hand books – Cant a mil
And don’t forget that there’s a special Noson Llawen this Friday tonight with some of the eisteddfod highlights!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just spotted this image on the Cant a Mil website - it matches our eisteddfod theme! :slight_smile:

Looks like a lovely shop! Its so nice that we get to support businesses in Wales! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shame we didn’t know about that! Perhaps we could have organised a bag as part of the prize! Great shop though - it looks bigger than I remember it from when I lived in Cardiff.

1 Like

I hope to go there one day!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apologies for absence for Friday - I would have loved to log on, but I have a family commitment.
Hope you have a great Noson Llawen. Is it being recorded at all?

The Noson Lawen special It’s actually going to be this Friday, the 28th! :smiley:
Still a chance to join live! :wink:

1 Like

I couldn’t join the Noson Lawen live. Is there a recording anywhere?