SSiW Annual Party - Eisteddfod week!

Not yet - do you have a closing date for bookings? Still trying to sort out logistics…

me, me, me - but I guess you can see that :smile:

1 Like

This is Catrin’s pigeon, not mine, but I think I might be right to say that we can take bookings up to pretty late in the game… :sunny:

Aran is spot on. :wink:

1 Like

Ooh, and I have that in writing! Quick, let me just take a screenshot as evidence… :sunny:

Sorry if I missed this, but I am trying to establish when the party on the 6th starts and is likely to finish to see if I can get there after work in time. Is it an evening do?
Nic

7-11 pm :smile:

That sheltered upbringing again?..:wink:

I’m having a senior moment ! I have booked accommodation for the night but I can’t remember if I actually booked the party. Could you confirm if there is a booking for 2 people under my name? Thanks.

Yes, there is, you’re all good :sunny:

Diolch Aran.

1 Like

Gutted I can’t come to the party as we’re staying 40 miles away (to visit the Eisteddfod) and have to be out of our accommodation early Friday morning. Will there be a SSiW stand on the Maes?

No plans for an official stand on the Maes, Delyn. But always lots of SSiWers in and around MaesD as usual, and I’m suspecting many informal meet ups in the pipeline centered around food/gigs/beer… :wink:

We also have to be out of our accommodation on Friday morning, so not too much wine for us!

Here’s a reminder of the booking page -

https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201508061900/bmz

The Royal Oak got a brief mention in the Guardian on Saturday as a very good place to eat in Welshpool.
I won’t be able to make the party because that’s the night that Sŵnami are headlining MaesB and I will have my work cut out chaperoning several excited teenagers.
Nevertheless, I hope everyone has a great time! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, Catrin. Shame there’s no SSiW stand, but hope to bump into some of the many other dysgwyr!

1 Like

I look forward to being bumped into which makes me wonder if there is anything (not to ostentatious) which we could wear to indicate our membership of SSiW. If there’s nothing I might use my Blue Peter skills to make one with the brand name.

5 Likes

Booking closes a week before the party!!! So not long to go! Get your tickets asap - it’s going to be a fabulous evening!

:smiley::sunglasses::raised_hands::dancer::+1::lipstick::dress::high_heel::necktie::birthday::balloon::tada::cocktail::beer::wine_glass::beers::tropical_drink::fork_and_knife::meat_on_bone::poultry_leg::fried_shrimp::cake:

2 Likes

Just got this sorted now. So my next question: who else is travelling to the Royal Oak from the Maes (or Meifod itself, where I’ll be staying)?

I will be, if you want a lift?

And the offer is still open to those who want to go to the party, but don’t have anywhere to stay. I have spare bedrooms (and beds) and will be going home after the party (about 30 miles away).

2 Likes

That would be incredibly kind of you if you could! Diolch yn fawr iawn! :star: