SSiW Annual Party - Eisteddfod week!

We’re also booked into a room, and for the whole Eisteddfod week too. Unfortunately it’s in Llangwnadl which is about 2.5 hours away. Gutted. Sister in law booked it, never mind. Have a great evening folks. :+1:

Whoo, and indeed hoo. :sunny:

Cath is a seren aur!!!

Dw i’n teimlo dy boen @gruntius:frowning:

1 Like

Dw i ddim yn credu bod ti wir yn. Dan ni’n aros tua 15 munud o eich tý (dim to bach, sori) am wythnos a byddwn ni’n colli pryd o fwyd efo chi a’r eisteddfod. :astonished: Rhaid i ti tynnu llawer o lluniau o’r noson amdana i. :+1::blush:

I will say that I would love to be there - but not sure what hubby is doing on the farm until closer to the date (will need him to drive and we will come in our campervan and find somewhere to camp up for the night - wonder if the hotel will let us stay in a carpark?). He is not a Welsh speaker and not at all interested (although he was born in Pembrokeshire and lived here most of his life), so wish me luck in persuading him that it will be a fun evening! Ali x

3 Likes

Shwmae pawb. the party is a great thing to be going to, apologies in advance as I am bound up with the music side of the Eisteddfod this time around. - plans afoot to expand the www.gilydd.com site to include video and audio threads - when I pack in full-time work later this year…hope to see people around in MaesD

Looks like I’m going to miss out this year; I’ll be out of the country for all of the dates. Very sad to miss it, but I hope to be there next year.

Hi :smile:
i’ve been around a while ago (but well well life and stuff and things ^^).
Anyhow: i might actually come to the area around the Eisteddfod week on my 3 weeks cycling through Wales trip, though i have to check how to change my (not yet even fixed) route and to find a couchsurfing place “nearby” :blush:

now i panically (is that a word?) repeat all courses to not do the epic failing ;D still… me being a “silent reader” I’m looking forward to maybe meet you :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a camp site just down the road, in fact there are several, I’m on Riverbend at llangadfan, about 5 miles from miford, we have a static caravan here, I can get prices if you like, John.

1 Like

That’s a shame, Grunt. I will be flying back to the States on the 5th, so I’ll miss the party as well :(. Booked the flights before the date was set. Oh, well. Maybe next year…

1 Like

I think we might be able to make the party :smile:, but it will depend on whether we can find accommodation reasonably close. When will the booking open?

Loads of camping available via Cymdeithas yr iaith Gymraeg at Clwb Rygbi Cobra and , of course, Maes B where the line -up of bands is something to be proud of

Just waiting for @aran to finish setting up the booking page and we’ll be away!

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay, folks - here’s the booking page:

https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201508061900/bmz

Looking forward to seeing you there! :sunny:

2 Likes

Party, train & Maes all booked :smile:
No Maes discounts for wrinklies this year. :frowning: I expect to be the only old Cardi there
Please shove me out in plenty of time for my 22:12 train back to Aber.
Wela i chi yn fuan :sparkles:

4 Likes

Shwmae, I have loaded a few snaps of the Maes taking shape on www.gilydd.com interesting day around there earlier in week, you’ll need cash as the only non pay for cashpoint for miles is at Llanfair Cereinion and provisions - long haul back to Y Trallwng…the Maes is 1 1/2 miles west of Meifod village, 3 1/2 from Llanfair C. Pob Lwc!

Accommodation -

The party venue itself us full, but…

For those only looking to come just for the party and not the Eisteddfod, I have actually found hotel availability through lastminute.com, LateRooms.com and Hotels.com this morning.

I found availability at The Talbot Hotel just outside Welshpool and at a couple of places in the Oswestry area, about 15 - 20 minutes away depending on the hotel location - one place called Big Bear Lodge.

If you’re coming from far away then I was thinking that a 15 - 20 minute drive after the party seems quite palatable, especially if you’re bringing a friend or your other half as a designated driver?

It’s also worth considering Newtown, also 20 minutes away, but in the opposite direction - a viable option if coming from afar just for the day.

Then you have Shrewsbury, about 30 minutes away. A little further, but doable especially if it would be on your route home the next day.

Other options would be campsites/sharing a tent with someone already camping at the Eisteddfod/sleeping in a friend’s caravan awning?

It’s also worth considering that the Eisteddfod’s glamping tents/yurts still have availability, though it is an expensive option.

Hope this helps! :wink:

1 Like

If anyone is really stuck for accommodation for the Party, or indeed the Eisteddfod, I live 28 miles from Meifod and 33 miles from Welshpool (according to the AA site). I am ‘commuting’ to the Eisteddfod every day (volunteering on Maes D for the first four afternoons and have booked tickets for the other days, including evening concerts on Wednesday and the final Saturday). Of course, I have also booked for the SSiW party :smile:

I have two spare bedrooms and two sofas and could arrange a futon on the floor too. You would have to work round my timetable if you want a lift into the Eisteddfod, to/from the Party and help out with food (like at Bootcamp - a Welsh only rule could be arranged too!).

PM me if you are interested.

5 Likes

That’s an extremely kind offer, Helen, thank you so much :sunny:

1 Like

So who’s booked their place at the party? :cocktail::wine_glass::tropical_drink::beers::beer::cake::poultry_leg::tada: