So it looks like I'll be spending New Year's yn Cymru

Exciting! :star: :star2:

1 Like

So you’re arriving in Cardiff around 27 December? Can we arrange a meet for you here (Cardiff?), or have you sorted your itinerary?

3 Likes

I land on the 28th. I’d love for there to be a meet in Cardiff! I’ll be staying for a week - leaving on the 4th of January, and my itinerary is very flexible, so I’m happy to work around you. :smile:

1 Like

Ocidoci - I’ll go to mention it on the Cardiff meet-up thread to see who’s around :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK - done. Pop over to Cardiff meeting after Christmas and we’ll see what we can arrange. If no one else is about, I’d love to have a drink and a chat at least :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr! I look forward to meeting you! :smile:

1 Like

Well…today I’m on my way! In a few hours I’ll be boarding my plane. Can’t wait to meet you all! :smiley:

5 Likes

So I’ve been boring you all to tears talking about it…and I’m finally here! I landed at around 11 this morning, and survived my 23 hours in the air (not including 9 hours for transfers) surprisingly well. Now I can’t wait to jump in and explore! :smiley:

6 Likes

You have not been boring us to tears, and I, for one, am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures! :slight_smile: Glad you made it there safely (that is a long trip!)

2 Likes

I’m very glad to hear that! And yes, it’s an insanely long trip. I always forget how isolated Australia is from the rest of the world…with global news and constant internet connectivity, it’s sometimes hard to understand how far away we are from everything, until you actually jump on a plane! :smile:

2 Likes

Croeso i Gymru Karla! Looking forward to meeting you.

1 Like

Fi hefyd.

1 Like

Croeso i Brydain Karla. :slight_smile: (Dw i ddim yn medru dweud “Croeso i Gymru”, achos dw i’n byw yn Lloegr! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Sorry we missed you while we were down in Cardiff! Did you make it further north at all? :sunny:

1 Like

I’m in Swansea at the moment, but I plan to head north about mid January, after I leave @Deborah-SSi. :smile:

3 Likes

Fab - keep us posted! :sunny:

1 Like

So I’m going to be in Aberystwyth from the 20th-22nd of Jan…anyone interested in meeting up? :smile:

@aran, I’m planning to leave for Pwllheli on the 22nd. Any advice on where to stay? :smile:

What sort of place are you looking for?.. :sunny:

Hi Karla,

Helen Lindsay brought this to my attention. Sorry I didn’t see it sooner. I’ve got work commitments this week. But I’d love to catch up. How long will you be in Pwllheli? Perhaps we could meet up somewhere on Sunday?

3 Likes

Great to meet up with you over the weekend - mae’r gwasanaeth Plygain yn wych!

All the best on your travels

3 Likes