So it looks like I'll be spending New Year's yn Cymru

My family have been pushing me to spend my savings and travel for a while now, and after a particularly productive but exhausting year so far, I decided to take their advice and come up to Wales for six weeks over (my) summer holidays!

If anyone would like to catch up while I’m there, I’m really keen to get some face to face practice. I’ll be travelling around, but I’m trying to keep my itinerary as flexible as possible, so just tell me where you are and I’ll see if I can work around you. :smile:

4 Likes

Let me know if or when you will pass through Cardiff and we’ll see about setting up a meeting. If it coincides with our monthly meet at Y Mochyn Du, then you will be more than welcome to join us.

3 Likes

I’m in Sir Gar, Carmarthenshire, about halfway between Swansea and Carmarthen. You are welcome to come and stay for a few days, given a little notice. I’m sure I can find real Welsh speakers for you, as well as learners!

2 Likes

Thanks, that would be great! I’m thinking I’ll be starting off in Cardiff, as I’ll be landing there. I land on the 28th of December.

Thank you so much, that’s lovely! I don’t yet have a clear idea of where I’ll be when, but I should have a much firmer one in the next couple of weeks. I’ll keep you posted, and I’ll definitely make sure I swing by your way!

Hi Karla, I am in Cardiff too. It would be nice to talk to you again
Jenny

3 Likes

I’d like to talk to you again too. Let me know when you’re free for a Skype chat again, and it would be great to catch up face to face when I get over there!

1 Like

I am in today if you are around…

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t do today - I have to work soon. I should be ok for next week, though…or over the weekend if you’re free then.

Will message you on Skype and we can find a good time x

Sure thing!

If you make it as far as Pwllheli, sing out and we can grab a coffee :sunny:

1 Like

I’m planning to at least do a circuit, so I’ll add it to my list! :smile:

1 Like

Tickets are now booked and paid for…now for the planning!

3 Likes

Don’t forget to include Llandysul! Will you be driving or relying on public transport?

2 Likes

I’ll make sure I do that! I think I’ll be taking transport…I’ve only just got my license, so I don’t think I’m experienced enough to be driving in an unfamiliar place.

I can get you on the right bus to Llandysul from my part of the world. This is a part of the world where people speak Welsh on the bus! (Well, not exactly, I´m in Northern Spain at the moment, but you may get the drift!)

3 Likes

Thanks so much, that would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

So here’s how it looks like it’s shaping up:

I land in Cardiff, and I think I’ll be staying there for a week. From there I’m moving west and north, and attempting to do a circuit.

I’m trying to stay as flexible as possible with the duration of my stays in each place, so I don’t really have any specific dates besides my arrival and departure. But now that my passport has arrived (phew!) I can start thinking about accomodation!

3 Likes

So…its a month away today! I can’t wait - everything looks to be shaping up wonderfully. :smiley:

4 Likes