Six Nations

I do hope Yr Eidal have a plan b for the second half! The love of my life was half Italian! Dw’i 'n hapus! Damn Lloegr score! Oh dammo floodgates agored! Poor ragazzi! They did so well at first!

Yes, but you have to admit, they ABSOLUTELY NEVER bive up! I often admire their determination not just in rugby, but in any sport.

I must confess that i found their tactics very inventive but was shocked at the reaction on the bbc website.

Well done Italy I say, though my Italian ancestry may lead to a little bias there :football:

Are you part Italian? I realised the Irish might be adopted, but never heard mention of Yr Eidal! Not Roman, was it? They are terrible flirts!

I’m quite a mixed bag!

1 Like

And I am singing “Hymns and arias…,” da iawn bechgyn bach!

1 Like

That was a heck of a game! Something I might not hope we’d win, but we did! Da iawn Cymru! (It was no silly promisses from me this time, just wearing different Welsh shirt it was …) :slight_smile:

For all who missed - Wales V Ireland 22-9.

1 Like

I watched the game at a celtic music festival in Porthcawl. Had an Irish band and dancing at half time and a Welsh band and dancing after the game. Brilliant!

2 Likes

It may be a foolish dream, but I shall be cheering for Yr Eidal and then, well I live in Yr Alban, so obviously will support Yr Alban!

Mae ddrwg gen i, Yr Eidal, a try like that and I can’t help cheering France! Reminded me of how we used to play!
Poveri ragazzi! No stamina?
Ah, Angelo! 18-40!
Nawr te , glas a gwyn , oh Twickers! gwyn a glas!

Are Scotland asleep? One good try and the rest…Oh dear!
Another…
Am I being paranoid or is it possible some English players are deliberately ‘accidentally’ kneeing or booting Scots who have been tackled to the ground? There seem to be a lot of failed concussion tests!

Saturday 18th March:-
12.30 Yr Alban v Yr Eidal
14.45 Ffrainc v Cymru
17.00 Iwerddon v Lloegr
Just next Saturday to go, then. Not our happiest season, although Friday evening was fun! I do hope we can manage a decent performance in Paris! Anyone going?

Nope. I hope to be watching it in Malltraeth with other mini bootcampers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mae’n ddrwg gei i, dwi wedi anghofio na! Hwyl fawr i chi!

Dw’i ddim yn hapus! Ffrainc gyda 7 yn barod!
O bechyn bach! Peidiwch a cholli 'r bel!
10-9 dim yn rhy ddrwg.
Wales more good,luck than good play! Please boys, hang on to the ball and score tries!
It occurs to me that our current ‘interim coach’ played at a time when we were not doing well!
Get a try boys! A win with no try isn’t a proper win!
Descent into farce!18 - 18 fair! 20 not!
At least Iwerddon - Lloegr ended on time, nobody claimed a need for s head assessment when no injury seemed to have occurred!

Wel that was… strange…

1 Like

The rules keep changing, but surely there should be some limit to the number of failed scrums given instead of a penalty kick? They could have been there all night and sending out for meals! And I still don’t see how come the giant could be sent off for a head injury assessment when he said he wasn’t injured and, well did anyone see him get a bang on the head?

Well France were going for the penalty try from the scrum. When you’re awarded the penalty you have the right to ask for a scrum.

The French medical team have to be investigated for that decision. However, if he had had a knock to the head that rule must be protected for player safety. However, he went through several scrums and there was no evidence of a blow to the head. I hope World Rugby investigate it.

1 Like

Yes I know the rule about choosing a scrum, but I have never seen anything like what happened in Paris. If the ref was sure all those scrums were illegally stopped by Cymru, why no penalty try? If he didn’t feel able to award a penalty try, why keep on and on with penalties? Is it just a teeny bit possible he got frozen tootsies and didn’t dare disappoint the French crowd? I never thought an English ref would end up doing an impression of a frightened cwningen in a car’s headlights, but he seemed rut-stuck to me!
As for the head injury assessment, the fact that he didn’t come back should surely mean that he was concussed. If he was not, he should, surely, have come back? Assessments don’t usually take 20 minutes! I agree the authorities should look into this!
Problem - doesn’t the aggrieved party have to ask for this and I can’t see our country doing that, as it would do no good now.
Sad. Nasty taste left in mouth. I just hope next season is free of such behaviour!

That’s unfair. The majority of the scrums collapsed and were reset because there was no fault. Then the penalties came from the short periods of open play. He warned Wales a yellow card was coming if another scrum was collapsed illegally. Then the try came later.

I think you’re being unfair on the ref there. Also, his nationality has nothing to do with it.

The HAI takes longer than the 10 minutes they had for him to come back.

There’s a reason his has only happened once - the rules largely work. Why change World Rugby’s rules based on one outlier?

2 Likes