Rygbi

I beg to differ, Jon. As I indicated above, my eulogies are in praise of current international rugby. I find the drama and skill of multi-phase rugby and the tenacity and commitment of great defence as shown by Wales against Ireland has made it a better game and more entertaining game than any time in the 62 years I have been playing or watching.

I am really looking forward to the world cup and hope that the mismatch between the hemisphere’s may finally disappear.

1 Like

I couldn’t easily find a more recent rugby-related thread to add this to, and didn’t want to start another, so dyma ni:

Not new, but an interesting sounding radio programme/podcast about Welsh rugby heroes:

@henddraig - it might bring back some memories for you, I was thinking.

Oh Duw. I was thinking, “Not my favourite presenter”, and then we heard the sound of the Arm’s Park, as unmistakable as a Spitfire engine! Mind, most of it was about times before my time! And the ‘rugby has changed’ comment is sadly all too true with money ruling too much.
She didn’t point out that the Stadium they want to call ‘Principality’, not after Charlie, but a building society, is rebuilt in stages from the original Arm’s Park and the Cardiff Stadium behind it, built when the new North Stand was built in 1969, was known as Cardiff’s club ground until the Arm’s Park was renamed Millennium! Oh, I suppose, technically, the original ground became The National Stadium then, but we all called it The Arm’s Park. But - Principality? I’m a republican!! It’s all money! Money! :scream:
The best bit was the warm-up speech!
Oh, dioch for the article, but it stirs mostly sad regrets for what was!

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:12

:wink: