1) I’ve just gone through the emotional upheaval of saying goodbye to the first draft of my novel and sending it off to the publishers, a strange and unsettling feeling. When were you last in limbo?
Now, waiting for the delivery of a new toilet, bidet etc that I will be putting in over the next few weeks. Although there are potentially six people in my house they have the habit of disappearing when I need them to help out. Um, was that the front door quietly closing, footsteps on the gravel drive…
2) What’s the last saying you remember using and what was the context?
‘How many times do I have to tell you…’. Okay, I know not a proper saying but, with six children, the oldest being 27, 365 days in the year, I reckon I have used it several if not hundreds of thousands of times.
3) Yesterday, one of Beuno’s class mates ran out in to the road in front of a car whilst on his way from school. I’ve just learnt this morning that he’s going to be OK and may well be discharged from hospital today. When was the last time you breathed a huge sigh of relief?
Last week when I arrived home to the postman walking away from my house with a parcel (novel called Hen Bethau Anghofiedig for my Welsh class) which meant I did not have to go and collect it from the depot miles away. I got a parking ticket last time I went there for parking 9.5" away from the kerb.
4) What’s the nicest/kindest compliment anyone has ever paid you?
Not a compliment but, at the moment, I do remember one of my children asking me if I wanted them to stay in to wait for a parcel…
5) Big up someone in your life who deserves a round of applause or a big thank you.
My autistic daughter who, occasionally, does respond to my ‘how many times do I have to tell you…’
6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…
Q. When was the last time someone said to you, 'how many times do I have to tell you…'
A. Oh, um, never, well, no, not sure, me…?