Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 18/01/2019 5️⃣

Prynhawn da!

Hope you are all well and looking forward to a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!

1. When was the last time you did something for the first time?

2. In which ways are you standing up for what is right?

3. Have you ever proven that necessity is indeed the mother of invention?

4. Today I am very…

5. Make up your own friday five question and answer it…

2 Likes

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

This morning - giving a presentation to TUC Cymru staff about how we’re going to make them suffer a great deal of pain, er, sorry, I mean help them turn into a genuinely bilingual workplace.

In which ways are you standing up for what is right?

By demanding that my daughter STOP leaving wrappers of various kinds ON THE FLOOR.

WE HAVE A BIN.

Have you ever proven that necessity is indeed the mother of invention?

Yes. See 1.

Today I am very…

Cortically over-stretched, and full of coffee.

Is this last, large cappuccino actually a good idea just before going on air?

Almost certainly not.

2 Likes

Interesting interview, already googled Meddal.com and Common Voice.
You’re still on sofa heno despite large cappuccino😉

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s on the floor too, so what’s the diff? (said in the style of an angsty yet cool nine year old that lives in my house and annoys me with crisp packets…)

2 Likes

How’s that working out for you? :sweat_smile: I’ve been doing the same for 12 years and there’s little movement. Almost daily reminders.

2 Likes

And this is more of an issue than the whole slime Armageddon we’re facing!? I can’t ever recall finding wrappers stuck in my hair, on my toothbrush, on the dog’s tail, on my socks, on the walls and in EVERY spare tupperware box in the house. ‘Follow home made slime videos on YouTube’ they said, ‘it’ll be fun’ they said, ‘it will encourage creativity and an interest in chemistry’ they said… aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!

4 Likes

Slime Armageddon…love that phrase.

Is this a universal thing? Daughter was curious to see if slime would stick to the ceiling. It does…and it was very reluctant to let go of its grip! Had to let it dry, sand, patch and repaint. The making of slime is now exclusively made at Grammy’s house.

2 Likes

I had several containers of slime in the door of my fridge in a variety of shades. I would throw them out then more would appear. I completely agree with slime is made at grandma’s house. Isn’t there a saying, “what is made at grandma’s, stays at grandma’s”?

2 Likes
    Last Thursday- I took a Walk Wise course with 20 Year 2 pupils…The first time, and the last time!!

Always have tried to stand up for what is right. I have been a member of a trades union since I was 18. Donate to various charities. Trustee and manager for a disability Sports team. I try to do my bit where I can.

It usually happens when I breakdown on my bike in the middle of nowhere…

4. Today I am very…
    tired; no real idea why!

5. Make up your own friday five question and answer it…
    How can I stop my dog ‘crying’ every morning when I come down stairs? It’s like I have been away for a month! She’s happy to see me but makes such a fuss!
    A. I realise that I have asked a question I have no answer too…help!

4 Likes

Let her sleep in your bedroom, works a treat! :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh no! I have never let our dogs on the furniture or upstairs!

I am SO pleased this is not just us… :partying_face:

1 Like

Ceiri (the lab x spaniel) says that if he’s not on things or next to them, then he can’t guard things like he’s supposed to… kids, Christmas trees, pillows, cushions… :rofl:

7 Likes

Please don’t discourage her. There is some VERY interesting Physics in the properties and behaviour of slime as well as some challenging mathematics. Biology, too - my favourite slime mould is Dictyostelium Discoideum. We have a lot to learn from D D as far as putting the community ahead of the individual is concerned. :laughing:

No - encourage her - the country needs more slime experts. :wink:

2 Likes

[currently making plans to send Angharad Lliar to live with Huw] :heart:

1 Like

[currently making plans to send Angharad Lliar to live with Huw] :heart:

I just need to get clearance from Maureen and you can put her on the next T2 :laughing:
PS - I’ll speak to her about Ceiri, too. He is gorgeous. :smile:
Lovely pics of A.L and B. Jiw, mae nhw wedi tyfu lan, 'nd ife / Gosh, they’ve grown haven’t they.

1 Like

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Yesterday! I ordered a coffee in Welsh (the poor chap didn’t understand a word I said as he didn’t speak Welsh, but… I tried!)

In which ways are you standing up for what is right?

(Thinking along similar lines to you Aran)

By teaching my little siblings the words to ‘Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nghadau’ so they will stop humming it at the top of their lungs when we’re watching the rugby, and SING it! (Humming loudly sounds terrible by the way… try it!)

Have you ever proven that necessity is indeed the mother of invention?

I am a (student) children’s nurse… so yes… many times! (think distraction techniques)

Today I am very…

Happy I got to sleep in until after 6.30am!

What’s your go-to meal for any occasion?

Tasty, juicy pulled pork and coleslaw in a roll with sweet potato chips and a salad side. (All home cooked of course).

3 Likes

Five minutes ago - I became older than I’ve ever been. Still waiting for the “wiser” bit to kick in
I try to show by example - I have told my children NOT to follow my example. I am concerned to say that they often ignore that advice.
Frequently - I love finding cunning solutions to mechanical, or culinary problems.
4. Today I am very…
Old - much older than I was five minutes ago.
5. Who are your favourite Welsh group
Y Diliau (I was sweet (if you’ll forgive the pun) on one of the singers)

3 Likes

Last week – travelled by (ferry and) train from the Isle of Wight to Salisbury to meet up with an old mate who travelled down by train from Cardiff. We both left home and got back about the same time, despite the fact that he travelled much farther.

By trying to support environmental campaigns, and others for tribal peoples and Tibet.

Not that I can recall, I’m fairly useless at most practical things.

4. Today I am very…
…wedi blino. Must try and get to bed at a more reasonable hour.

5. When was the last time you did something for the last time?
18 months ago, when I gave up scything grass after trying it for the third time. Didn’t do badly when I did it the first time, but with someone by my side pulling me up every five minutes all confidence was lost, and I knew it was time to call time.

3 Likes

Oh, no, we’re keeping the dog, he doesn’t keep on demanding to be bought industrial quantities of slime. :heart:

2 Likes