Problems receiving the Weekly Email

I’ve moved mine out of Spam yet again, but it’s showing From "post@saysomethinginwelsh.com via aweber.com" for me. Also:

mailed-by: smtp-coi-g05-012.aweber.com
Signed by: aweber.com

If that’s any help at all.

1 Like

Gmail put it in my Spam folder again, too.

1 Like

Another Gmail user here and the last few weeks/months this has gone to my spam folder

turns out all I had to do was call my email provider and have them okay the emails…I’m getting them now…gheesh , why did I never do that before…:thinking:

1 Like

Sorry it took that much effort! But thank you very much for sorting it out… :star: :star2:

I got my email into my inbox this week (I’m obviously special in some way!).

I haven’t dragged anything out of spam (exceot for one email from admin@SSiW, which was replying to an email I had sent. Gmail - what was that about!), neither have I chaged anything else at my end.

Mine still has a large banner saying “this email may be trying to steal your personal information”.

I also have an email from Aweber making some suggstions, which I shall pas on to Ifan, as they make absolutely no sense to me at all…

Thanks for everyone’s information - when we track this particular bug down, it will be largely thanks to your help!

2 Likes

I experimented this morning. I forwarded the n/l to myself and then looked for it on my ipad. It was there and the full address from which it had originally come included aweber. I then did something wrong and deleted it when I wanted to make sure it was kept!! I am going to carry on playing, but I sent this info in case it helps at all!

2 Likes

So I did it again, It says:
From: SaySomethinginWelsh [mailto:post=saysomethinginwelsh.com@send.aweber.com]On Behalf Of SaySomethinginWelsh

I thought aweber were supposed to stop being mentioned, but clearly I misunderstood. On my ipad, I don’t know how to mark anything as friendly. But to others using gmail and used to it, could forwarding it and fishing out that full address as a Contact help?
maybe @Kinetic should see this?

1 Like

Just a thought, why not have a weekly email sticky thread on the forum where a copy of the weekly email is posted?

I am sure @Deborah-SSi and @aran will consider this but it would only reach regular Forum members, not all those learning who never come on the Forum.

Of course but a handy place to check if you haven’t received/cant’t find/deleted your copy.

1 Like

To @aran @Kinetic @Deborah-SSi I think you have solved the problem!! The n/l arrived on my ipad before I saw it here on my lap top. It worked fine!! Oh, er… I believe there is an SSiW ap. Does it work on ipads? How do I get it? It might come in handy sometimes, although typing on there isn’t my ideal occupation. I guess I could listen to Challenges/Lessons?

1 Like

I’m afraid the weekly email still went into my spam folder … but then so did an email from Aran that was a reply to an email I sent him! I don’t get that at all. Why can’t the Spam algorithms recognise a response to a legitimate email? It’s getting very frustrating :angry:

1 Like

Yes, there is!
Yes, it does!
From the App Store. Type “SaySomethinginWelsh” into the search bar and it should come up in a list. Click on it, and download the app!

Oh, and you will also be able to access the forum from the app too!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr, Gav! It worked. To be honest, typing on the ipad is so annoying that I’ll rarely use the app for the Forum, but it is handy to have SSiW there!!

1 Like

Tuesday’s email went into my spam folder.

Aran’s recent email (the one with sex in the title) sent from the same address arrived in my inbox.

1 Like

What @jamesmahoney said - exactly the same here.

1 Like

So now we know - Google just thinks no-one is getting enough emails about sex. Prepare yourselves for some radically different weekly emails…:wink:

1 Like

Usually, it’s the other way around - the emails with the word “sex” or other related words end up in the spam box!!

1 Like

leaving aside future emails on sexual dysfunction, if it helps at all, the sexy email was sent from

SaySomethinginWelsh post@saysomethinginwelsh.comUsing AWeber 4.4

whereas mr chaste was sent from

SaySomethinginWelsh post@saysomethinginwelsh.comUsing AWeber Spooler 2.5.1