Peterborough?

Anyone up this way? I’m looking for a person or people to join or set up a Welsh speaking group…

2 Likes

One for the next email, @Deborah-SSi? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is Peterborough near Cambridge? (I’m sorry my East Anglian geography isn’t my strong suit) - there’s a good group there.

1 Like

It’s not really a comfortable distance if I’m being honest. That and I hate the A14. Hahaha.

2 Likes

I can empathise there, you said the words “A” and “Road”, feel your pain! Good luck with your search :smile:

Diolch anyways. Dw i’n dal chwilio am ddysgwr yn y ardal ond nowt so far…

Hi I’m kings lynn . I organise cambridge and dereham in mid Norfolk. I was toying with the idea of forming a Lynn group (English town with a Welsh name) if you ask jonathon (jonsais) I think he knows of a welsh group in Peterborough. If you want to meet in Lynn which is about 34 miles away its OK.iknow some Cymry Cymraeg here

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Lynn is probably still a bit of a trek as I work silly hours…

okay Roger, you’re not a nurse too are you ?

Nope, I’m a tattooist. So I rarely get home before 7pm and I only get Sunday and Monday off. I suppose Lynn isn’t as far as Cambridge though!

There’s a learner-oriented book by Manon Steffan Ros which might appeal to you then:

I think it’s called “Inc”.

2 Likes

Hi Roger. I live near Stamford and would be happy to join a group. I have been working in London for the past few years and going to Welsh lessons at the London Welsh Centre. I will be away a lot during August and Sept so would not be able to join until October. In general any evening except Thursday would be OK for me.

1 Like

Could be something in this then. October would be good.

1 Like

Hmmm…

Hi David, did you find a group near Stamford. I am beginner Welsh and I would like to have some conversational practice

Hello Yvonne, well done on finding this old thread. I am afraid that I didn’t find a group locally, and I have been neglecting my Welsh over the past couple of years. If you find anyone else in the Stamford area I may be tempted to come and have a go at some conversation practice.