Oxford Welsh learners group

Hope to see you next time Sue.

Helo bawb - same as usual for the first week in November with meetups on Tuesday & Friday. Do come and join us for a sgwrs if you have the opportunity (get in touch for more info or if you’ve any questions) :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 1st November / dydd Mawrth 1af Tachwedd ( via Zoom - let me know if you need login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 4th November / dydd Gwener 4edd Tachwedd ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, by the windows on opp. side from the cafe. The coffee table area’s reserved for SSiW from 12 to 1pm)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - there may be a change to this week’s Friday meetup as it seems there’s an event in the Weston Library entrance hall which may be quite noisy and might drown out our sgwrs. I’ll post an update once we’ve decided where will be the best place to meet up this week. :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 8th November / dydd Mawrth 8fed Tachwedd ( via Zoom - let me know if you need login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 11th November / dydd Gwener 11eg Tachwedd ( :warning:to be confirmed :warning:)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

NB We’ll be sticking with the ‘Space for Reading’ (Weston Library, Broad Street) this week but bringing this Friday’s meetup forward an hour to 11:00 because of the lunchtime event there

1 Like

Helo bawb - we’ll be back to our usual time for the Friday meetup this week :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 15th November / dydd Mawrth 15fed Tachwedd ( via Zoom - let me know if you need login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 18th November / dydd Gwener 18eg Tachwedd ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, by the windows on opp. side from the cafe. The coffee table area’s been reserved for SSiW)

As always, new faces very welcome - since the summer we’ve had half a dozen so you wouldn’t find yourself as the only new one! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Hi John
Is there Ssiw welsh scwrs in the Bodleian today at 12?
Diolch
Liz

1 Like

Ignore my message as can now see this!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for very enjoyable sgwrs at the Weston this lunchtime. It was lovely to meet you for the first time Liz. I have checked and Gwasanaeth Nadolig is on 28/11 and Cymru v Lloegr pêl droed 29/11 ! I’m very happy :relaxed: Hwyl Bethan

2 Likes

Helo bawb - same as usual for this week’s meetups. Do get in touch if you have any questions or would like more information :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 22nd November / dydd Mawrth 22ain Tachwedd ( via Zoom - let me know if you need login details for Zoom )
  • 12:00 Friday 25th November / dydd Gwener 25ain Tachwedd ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows on opp. side from the cafe. The coffee table area’s reserved for SSiW)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Welsh-language carol service in Jesus College Chapel on Monday. All welcome!

And if anyone’s interested, I’ll see if I can show you the views from our new building afterwards …

2 Likes

Helo bawb - just the one meetup this week as on Friday we’ll be having our Cinio Nadolig. However there’s the opportunity to attend the Welsh carol service tomorrow (Monday) in Jesus College Chapel (see previous post by @owen-mcknight):

• 12:00 Tuesday 29th November / dydd Mawrth 29ain Tachwedd ( via Zoom - let me know if you need login details for Zoom )

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - we had a great Cinio Nadolig on Friday (diolch @owen-mcknight for pic below) and this week, as well as the usual Zoom meetup on Tuesday, on Friday there’s a change of venue as we’ll be having mulled wine+mince pies in Stanford Uni’s Montag Centre in the High Street. Do please let me know if you’d like to join us so we can judge demand for :wine_glass:+ :pie: :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 6th December / dydd Mawrth 6ed Rhagfyr ( via Zoom - contact me for login details )
  • 12:00-13:30 Friday 9th December: mulled wine+mince pies / dydd Gwener 9fed Rhagfyr: gwin poeth+mins peis (Stanford House - get in touch for details )

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like