Now LIVE: 'Some Sex and a Hill - or How To Learn Welsh in 3 Easy Pints' by Aran Jones

Might your phone charger do the job? (micro USB type thingy…)

Agree. I’m with Tatjana on this one - it certainly made things a lot easier for me when I first started using the forum! And I imagine that one of the reasons for the forum being as popular as it is is this very convention. It is also worth remembering that not all Welsh learners on here have English as their first language.

2 Likes

Got myself a copy from Amazon US. Riveting read so far, it will require a full growler of New England India Black tonight when I read the remaing chapters.
Llongyfarchiadau Aran, am lyfr doniol, ysbrydoledig a chlyfar! Wna i adolygiad cyn cyflymed a phosib. :sunny:

1 Like

I’m sorry I’ll be late today to buy it. Will do that via Kindle on the bus driving home …

Njamiiiii! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch o galon i ti Louis… :star2:

Yup, we’re now live - if you’re in the UK, that means:

While if you’re in the US, you’ll need:

It is available on all Amazon/Kindle outlets, to the best of my knowledge, so searching for the title on your local Amazon should find it for you (fingers crossed that the title is unique…;-)).

1 Like

lovely clarion call @aran, diolch yn fawr - have now got it on my PC and will be dipping in and out in between work all day! ( :writing_hand: and will leave a review “now in a minute” as we hwntws say!) :star::star::star::star::star:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr i ti, Siaron! :slight_smile:

For the people who are using Amazon Smile

I’ve read just first paragraph and let me be cursed if I didn’t know how this will begin! :slight_smile:

Oh, and lovely cover page by the way. Your work?

Maybe I won’t wait until afternoon to buy it … I have some minutes of spare time (until I finish my sandwich) so LET’S DO IT! LET’S BUY THIS PRETY THINGY! :slight_smile:

Here we go!

Oh how I could read the first paragraph? It has Look insice feature what I love the most! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Four chapters in already.

I’m starting to wonder though if this is not the 50 shades of Welsh I was hoping for :wink:

4 Likes

Ooh, awesome, first review on the UK site - diolch o galon, Chris! Chris who? Which Chris?! :star: :star2:

And diolch yn fawr iawn Steve a Dewi… :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

No need for thanks. @aran, wait 'til I’ve reviewed it!! :grinning: - seriously, app on ipad, will read soon and then review!
@tatjana I am sorry, I gather smile.amazon is separate. I just got a lot of ordinary Amazon vouchers for my birthday, along with free TV from the Government! When I have spent them, I’ll start using smile, if I can!! (I haven’t got some sort of special relationship with the Government! Everyone in UK who gets to my age gets free TV Licence!)

1 Like

Thanks to the first 60 or so people off the mark, and to those crucial first three reviews, we’re now at #6 in Teaching and Learning Biographies, and listed as a ‘Hot New Release’ - and at #1 in Education and Reference -> Foreign Languages:

Which is kind of awesome - diolch o galon! :star: :star2:

Now, if we could just get a bunch more reviews…:wink:

2 Likes

Do we get a discount for 5 star reviews :wink:

1 Like

And thank you very much indeed to two new reviewers, who have sadly only been listed by Amazon as ‘Amazon customer’!..:smiley:

I’m sure they may have left the odd clue though :wink:

1 Like

Diolch o galon if one of them was you :star: :star2: :slight_smile:

[Ah, just noticed the 50 shades thing - yeah, sorry to disappoint…;-)]

1 Like

Bother. My review is on the Australian Amazon site. Want me to copy to the UK one?

Better not - they can be very quick to penalise for anything they think looks like spam (they even refused to let my mother leave a review once, which didn’t impress her at all…;-))… ond diolch o galon! :star2:

2 Likes

And we’re at 86 copies gone so far, so it looks pretty good for breaking 100 today, which is rather lovely (although we probably won’t match the 145 that the high intensity booklet got)… :heart: