Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

I’m amazed an relieved that the shaky, unstable and intermittent 3g signal in a tiny outback village worked for me today…on my phone!! Absolutely unbelievable!! I was worried for a while. I thought it might be a bit tricky, but didn’t expect such a fright! So, if I’m hard on myself, I have to admit…that was terrible planning!!! :blush:

Anyway…really, really looking forward to seeing everyone!! :smile:

Woohoooo!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I will miss you all on this one! :frowning: Such a wonderful experience! I may be going to the July Bootcamp in Tresaith, if all goes well. Would love to attend the Eisteddfod! And I hope I could meet up with my friends from last year… Missing you…xxoo

3 Likes

Dw i’n genfigennus iawn Vaughan, ond dw i’n mynd i fod taid ym mis Ebrill, felly rhaid i mi fethu’r cyfle i fynd i’r Bootcamp yn 2015. Sdim ots…

Hwyl,

Stu

1 Like

Fydd ddim yr un fath heb ti, Stu.

Llongyfarchiadau i ti, Stu. Nei di mwynhau fod yn Taid.

Diolch Anne. Mae fy merch newydd gael ei ultrasound scan (12 wythnosau), a fedra i ddim aros I weld y lliniau!

Hwyl,

Stu

3 Likes

dwin meddwl bod bydd o syniad I anfon neges ar ol 17.00 hrs, I pobl sy’n weithio drwy y dydd, ag efo ddim Wi-Fi yn y lle gwaith. mi rhaid I mi absennol pryd wnes I aros I neges hwyr. roedd rhaid I mi dychwelyg o’r blaen derbyn cyfle I trio gyrru cais. nuff sed!

I’m genuinely sorry about that, Robert - part of the problem for us is that we’re dealing with so many different time zones, pretty much whenever we do it is going to be awkward for a significant section of our learners.

YES! Much cake! :smiley:

4 Likes

A bit off topic, but seeing how popular the Bootcamp sounds; has a camping Bootcamp ever been considered? One field could fit loads a people in! There would just be the small matter of organising activities for them all! :wink:

1 Like

Camping most definitely falls outside by definition of “luxury” Warren! :wink:

Stu

ahem.

http://www.yurtevents.co.uk/

That’s why we don’t do this…:wink: We thought at first that we could go ahead and fill the Canolfan in Tresaith, which could take 40 - and then realised that it just wouldn’t work for a normal Bootcamp. Might do some ‘group holiday’ stuff one of these years, though…

I suppose to run it as a normal Bootcamp you’d almost end up having to run 4 separate Bootcamps, with the different groups doing alternating activities. You’d need 4 times as many people to run it in that case! And in the Canolfan, meal times with 40 people would be intense!
I suppose going away from the Bootcamp style slightly, perhaps something thing like a Scouts style camp would work, with some activities on site, others nearby, staffed mostly by the people taking part and volunteers. Only in the evening coming together for entertainment. Still, loads to organise - just an idea. :wink:

It’s a good idea, and I’d really like to see stuff like that happening…

For the moment, though, this:

…is the key issue, I’m afraid!

So, I’m wondering if this can now turn into a “what’s going to be” type bootcamp thread. I don’t think I’ve mentioned the van on here yet so here goes.

I’ve managed to secure a 15 seater minibus for 8 days starting on the 17th April, total cost will be £410 excluding any diesel (the way they do it is to pick it up empty and then we drop it off empty). It’s the same company I used last year so will more than likely be the same van but the side door is now working. :+1:

As far as getting there goes I’ll probably do the same as last year. I’ll pick the van up at 10 and get to Chester for everyone who can get there by train or whatever. I will consider any other reasonable pick-ups that aren’t too far out of the way.

Let’s make this the best one yet. :+1:

6 Likes

Forgot to mention … I will of course have all the receipts with me. I don’t want anyone to think I’m not paying my way with the van. I’ll fill it to the hilt with diesel in Asda, Wrecsam where its cheap. (maybe someone has a money off fuel voucher for Tesco I can use to fill it up there instead?)

2 Likes

Awesome Geraint! I have to come a day early so I will be in Llanddudno on the 17th - had planned on taking the train/buses down to Pwllheli/Sarn but this is so much better as I have found changing buses in Bangor and Caernarfon a bit challenging in the past and have been known to miss them. Getting to Chester on the train will be a breeze so I’ll be there with bells on!

DIOLCH,
deb

1 Like

No need Deb, we’ll be just as well using the A55 so we’ll be passing but a stone’s throw from Llandudno. We can pick you up on the way through if you like. It is, of course, completely up to you.

1 Like

And just to give this thread its’ 100th post … I heard a nasty rumour about @tygerc the other day. Please say it isn’t so.