New S4C drama: Byw Celwydd

TBH, I don’t think they will have thought that deeply about it. The main characters will all have to speak Welsh (otherwise, what’s the point of its being a Welsh-language drama?) But I suspect the writers know from experience that they won’t get very far trying to order a drink etc. in Cardiff Bay in Welsh. Perhaps they thought that would just take the suspension of disbelief too far?

Edited to fix some erroneous punctuation.

2 Likes

Yes, and get their dramatic licen[s|c]e endorsed … :grinning:

I wish they’d been more like that when portraying Gower in…I’ve forgotten the name of the series, but it was set half in y gogledd and half in y de! Part of the area they chose would be among the least likely to hear a word of Cymraeg, unless it was a tourist from the north!! You’d have a much better chance in Cardiff Bay!!

Just happened to come across this on Yutube, and enjoyed playing it to remind myself how great this series really was:

I’m so hoping that a they really do follow through with a 2nd series, and if only the BBC would take it up, and also that a DVD were produced…

@sarapeacock I do hope you were able to convey to your contacts there how bendigedig people thought it was.

Filming starts in a couple of weeks, Mike :smile:

5 Likes

Oh Diolch yn fawr!! How soon does that mean we’ll get to see it?? It is my kind of program!!! If you had any influence on the 2nd series getting made, diolch from the bottom of my political heart!!!

LOL! Absolutely zero influence, I can promise you! I’m just the spouse of one of the worker bees on the series…

But production goes on until Christmas, so I think it’s due to come back in the new year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do keep us posted of any developments!!
Mmm… I just typed ‘ov’ and had to correct it to ‘of’!! Very Freudian! “Yn Gymraeg mae e ‘f’, in English it’s ‘v’ oh, except for ‘of’!!!”

1 Like