Monthly meet-up in St Albans, Hertfordshire

Five of us met for the first time on Saturday and spoke Welsh (Northern and Southern) for an hour. People were really friendly and conversation flowed enthusiastically at all language levels.

We arranged to meet every third Saturday of the month, namely: 20th August, 17th September, 15th October, 19th November and 17th December at the Smallford Farmshop cafe at 10:30am. However, we shall remain flexible and change as needed.

Please contact me if you’re interested in joining us.
Hwyl am y tro,
Elizabeth

5 Likes

Wow, that’s really brilliant!

Catrin and I drove through St Albans on our way back from the last showing of The Corn is Green in London not all that long ago - we’d never have imagined that we were so close to a Welsh speaking practice group! :star2:

I used to spend a lot of time in St Albans! I’ve a good friend who lives in the area and when I was in London in the early 90s, I’d visit St Albans most weekends! :slight_smile:

We had lunch at the Prae Wood Arms! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is fab Elizabeth. I live in Harlington in Bedfordshire just up the M1 from St Albans at junction 12. It’s very easy for me to pop down - and I’m often in St Albans. I’d love to come and join in your chat.

1 Like

Mae hynny’n wych, Rhiannon. Bydd croeso mawr i chi

That’s wonderful, Rhiannon. You’ll be very welcome.

1 Like

Diolch, Catrin ac Aran, am eich cefnogaeth.

Thanks, Catrin and Aran, for your support.

2 Likes

Hi, this sounds great. I’m close by in Harpenden so I would love to join you!

Hi Katherine,
We’ll look forward to meeting you on the 20th.
Best wishes,
Elizabeth

The next Welsh meet-up in St Albans will be next Saturday, 20th August, at 10:30am at the Smallford Farm Shop cafe, AL4 OHE. Everyone is welcome. Look out for something Welsh on the table to find us.

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf Grŵp Cymraeg St Albans fore Sadwrn nesaf, yr 20fed o Awst am 10.00yb yng Nghaffi Siop Fferm Smallford, AL4 0HE. Croeso cynnes i bawb. Chwiliwch am rywbeth Cymreig ar y bwrdd er mwyn dod o hyd i ni.

Hwyl am y tro
Elizabeth

1 Like

Grŵp Cymraeg St Albans fore Sadwrn 20fed Awst

Sori, Bawb, bydd y cyfarfod yn dechrau am 10.30yb.

Sorry, Everyone, the meeting will start at 10.30am.

Elizabeth

We have changed to the second Saturday of the month.

The next Welsh meet-up in St Albans will be Saturday, 10th September at 10:30am at the Smallford Farm Shop cafe, AL4 OHE. Everyone is welcome. Look out for something Welsh on the table to find us.

Dyn ni wedi newid ein cyfarfodydd i ail ddydd Sadwrn y mis.

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf Grŵp Cymraeg St Albans fore Sadwrn nesaf, y 10fed o Fedi am 10.30yb yng Nghaffi Siop Fferm Smallford, AL4 0HE. Croeso cynnes i bawb. Chwiliwch am rywbeth Cymreig ar y bwrdd er mwyn dod o hyd i ni.

Hwyl am y tro
Elizabeth

@Deborah-SSi

Dyma lun o saith aelod y Cylch Siarad St Albans yn ystod ein cyfarfod ni ddydd Sadwrn diwethaf, y 10fed o fis Medi. Cafodd pawb lawer o hwyl.

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf y grŵp ddydd Sadwrn, yr 8fed o Hydref am 10.30yb yng Nghaffi Siop Fferm Smallford, AL4 0HE. Croeso cynnes i bawb.

Here’s a photo of seven members of the St Albans Cylch Siarad during our meeting last Saturday, 10th September. Fun was had by all.

The next meeting will be at 10:30am on Saturday , 8th October in the Smallford Farm Shop cafe, Smallford, AL4 0HE. Everyone is welcome.

Hwyl am y tro,
Elizabeth

@Deborah-SSi

2 Likes

Newid man cyfarfod
Bydd cyfarfod nesaf y grŵp ddydd Sadwrn, yr 12fed o Dachwedd, am 10.30yb yng Nghaffi Canolfan Arddio Notcutts, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN. Croeso cynnes i bawb.

Change of meeting place
The next meeting of the group will be on Saturday, 12th November, at 10.30am in Notcutts Garden Centre Cafe, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN.
A warm welcome to all.

@Deborah-SSi

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf y grŵp ddydd Sadwrn, yr 10fed o Ragfyr, am 10.30yb yng Nghaffi Canolfan Arddio Notcutts, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN. Croeso cynnes i bawb.

The next meeting of the group will be on Saturday, 10th December, at 10.30am in Notcutts Garden Centre Cafe, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN.
A warm welcome to all.

@Deborah-SSi

I am only on week 4 and struggling , I seem to have to do each lesson 6 times over to get there. I am in Rickmansworth would I be able to join in yet ?

@n-e-fawssett the meetups are usually open to Welsh learners of all levels. Even if you find it difficult to contribute, you’ll benefit from hearing the others speaking in a casual setting and you’ll definitely learn more Welsh. I hope you can make it along and find the group :slight_smile:

Hello,

It will be good to see you. I agree with Deborah that you will gain a lot from listening even if you can’t join in much at the moment. We are mixed in our ability to speak the language but we can all remember beginning and finding the courage to join a group. So, come along and give us a try.

We usually try to meet right at the back of the cafe where it is quieter. Look out for Y Ddraig Goch on the table.

Hwyl am y tro / Bye for now,
Elizabeth

@Deborah-SSi

1 Like

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf y grŵp ddydd Sadwrn, yr 14eg o Ionawr, am 10.30yb yng Nghaffi Canolfan Arddio Notcutts, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN. Croeso cynnes i bawb.

The next meeting of the group will be on Saturday, 14th January at 10.30am in Notcutts Garden Centre Cafe, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN.
A warm welcome to all.

Hwyl fawr,
Elizabeth

@Deborah-SSi

1 Like

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf y grŵp ddydd Sadwrn, yr 11eg o Chwefror, am 10.30yb yng Nghaffi Canolfan Arddio Notcutts, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN. Croeso cynnes i bawb.

The next meeting of the group will be on Saturday, 11th February, at 10.30am in Notcutts Garden Centre Cafe, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN.
A warm welcome to all.

Hwyl fawr,
Elizabeth

@Deborah-SSi

1 Like

Bydd cyfarfod nesaf y grŵp ddydd Sadwrn, yr 11eg o Fawrth, am 10.30yb i hanner dydd yng Nghaffi Canolfan Arddio Notcutts, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN. Croeso cynnes i bawb.

The next meeting of the group will be on Saturday, 11th March, at 10.30am till midday in Notcutts Garden Centre Cafe, Hatfield Road, Smallford, AL4 0HN.
A warm welcome to all.

Hwyl fawr,
Elizabeth

@Deborah-SSi