Meet ups in Spanish

Wondered if there is anybody learning Spanish who lives in the Manchester/Stockport area who would like to do monthly meet ups over a coffee and speaking Spanish.
I used to do this when I was learning Welsh, and it was very helpful, sometimes there were as many as 7 or 8 of us.
Just a thought! So if there is anybody interested, love to hear from you. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m hoping very much we’ll get to the stage where this sort of stuff will grow naturally out of the Spanish course - but for the time being I’m afraid the numbers aren’t great, so you’ll probably be better off writing to your local paper… hope you manage to find someone :sunny:

Might be worth tagging @ianblandford on this :sunny:

Thanks Aran, thought it was worth a mention, but take your point about numbers.

1 Like

Definitely worth a chat! No harm in trying, and it might get other people thinking… :sunny:

I’d definitely be interested in something similar to the Welsh one, although numbers may be a problem and I couldn’t commit to coming every month.

Are you learning Welsh? Would it be worth coming along to one of the Welsh mornings to see how they work.
(Next one is 15th Aug 10:30am in the Art Gallery Cafe)

1 Like

Hi Ian, thanks for replying. I know how the Welsh meet ups work, I have been to them, I am friends with Jean, the girl who organises the Manchester meet up. If we went there, they would all be talking Welsh, but I don’t see a problem with meeting there and just splitting to another table and conversing in Spanish!! And take it from there! I am free on 15th August so if you’re up for it I will come. Let me know, and also if you find anyone else learning Spanish that you could drag along, all the better. Once I have your consent I will double check with Jean that this is acceptable. Does that sound OK?
And in answer to your question, yes I was learning Welsh but once I passed my exam in it I have moved to learning Spanish!! Thanks again, Maeve

2 Likes

That’s fine with me Maeve.

Hi! Yes just spoke to Jean and it’s fine with her. She said she knows you and that you’ve been there sometimes. Anyway I will go next Saturday and we can hopefully both practise speaking Spanish there! Hasta luego!! Maeve

1 Like

Just to confirm Ian, Saturday 10.30am at the Art Gallery Cafe. Maeve

Yes. that’s it.

A rather enjoyable and successful first SSiS meetup even if my brain did run out my ears when I went from Spanish to Welsh to Spanish in the space of 5 minutes! (Apparently the word “pero” refuses to change to “ond”)

So it looks like it’s going to become a regular meet up now. I’ve a few friends who are interested in coming along.
Is this the first SSiS group ever I wonder?

2 Likes

It’s the first one I know about, and I’m absolutely delighted to hear that it went so well. And mildly jealous of you all :sunny:

Diolch o galon iti am ei drefnu! :star2: :star:

2 Likes

Yes I totally agree! It was a great first effort and hopefully it will ‘catch on!!’

2 Likes

Hi again Ian, are you going to the meet up for Spanish at the Art Gallery on Saturday?

Yes.

We should have one or two more coming as well.

2 Likes

[jealous]

1 Like

Come and join us Aran!!
Thanks Ian, great you have managed to find more people!,
Looking forward to it!!

1 Like

I would love to… :sunny:

Need to find a way that doesn’t leave me feeling bad about leaving Catrin to deal with the kids, though. Our current plan is to do fun stuff again once they’re in university…:wink:

1 Like

Owow … long way to go …>

But yet, not so long. I remember my son being only 5 or so but now he’s in 2nd grade of middle school though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a fun time at the meet up in Spanish in Manchester today. Loved it!! Thank you Ian and Craig

3 Likes