Manchester Welsh Chat/Meetup August

It will be great to see you Lynne. Sorry I’m not that knowledgeable about parking in Manchester. I take the train in to avoid the city madness. It may be easier to park at a tramway or train station just out of Manchester. Where are you coming from?

I’ve not been to a SSIW meet-up for a while now, but as I’ve got the morning off tomorrow, I’m hoping to get down, and show my face :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great Danny, it’s looking like we will be a nice sized group tomorrow. Look forward to finally meeting you. :slight_smile:

Gobeithio mi fydd y cyfarfod heddiw yn dda.
Cofion gorau
Jonathan

Diolch Jonathan,
Gobeithio dy weld di eto yn fuan.

Here’s a last minute link to the gallery website showing nearest car parks, trams etc

See you soon. I’m off to catch a train! :smile:

December Meet up next Saturday 20th December 10.30 onwards at Manchester Art Gallery Cafe. Hope to see you there! :smile:

It was great to meet you all last month, I’ll be there and hopefully will have more welsh to join in with (unless it all instantly disappears when it’s needed).

1 Like

Hi Lynne. So glad you will be able to make it again. I had visions of sitting alone with a mince pie on Saturday! I’m sure your Welsh will be great. See you soon :smile:

Hi All,

My names is Paul. I have been learning welsh since the beginning of the summer but I have had very little practice in having real Welsh conversations. After a rather unconfident attempt the other day I would like to come along to the meeting on Saturday. I’m now coming towards the end of the intermediate course so my memory is good, but my speaking skills will be rather poor.

Is there a mixture of people that have done the south and north Wales version of the course?

Hi Paul. It would be lovely to see you on Saturday. There is usually a mix of people - some doing South, some doing North and at various stages of learning but it is a very informal friendly group. This next meeting may be a quieter one given the time of year but we will see.
Hope you make it there. :smile:

Hi, is there a meetup this weekend in Manchester?

Hi Paul, you just beat me to it by seconds! :slight_smile: I was just coming on here to do my monthly reminder. Yes there is a meet up this next Saturday - 17th January from 10.30 onwards ( although I tend to be there from just after 10) at Manchester Art Gallery Cafe. See beginning of this thread if anyone needs more details.

Looking forward to seeing folk there. Are you going Paul?

1 Like

Yes, i’ll definitely be there this time. Now the busy Christmas period is over i’m looking forward to really developing my Welsh.

See you on Saturday :smile:

Look forward to meeting you Paul. :smile:

Hi, after not being able to make it for the last couple of months, I am hoping to come along this session, no doubt being the least fluent Welsh speaker as I have now only finished course 1 and the vocabulary units up to bootcamps 2- then again, that should be an improvement from last time! See you there!

Really glad you can come Susanne. There are other learners at a similar stage to you who quite often attend. Sounds like you are doing great and it really doesn’t matter what stage people are at. Everyone is happy to chat in Welsh or English depending on who is in the group.
See you tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The next Manchester meet up will be next Saturday 21st February2015, 10.30 onwards. Manchester Art Gallery Cafe. I’m sorry not to be able to be there, but I’ll be in London.

I believe that next weekend is the last chance to see the display of snowdrops at the gallery which have been planted to commemorate Manchester people in WW1. I went to see them last week;they are quite impressive. Here’s a link

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/article-1355839907680/

Have a good meeting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make this meeting either as am away but hope to be there for the March one!

Look forward to seeing you in March Susanne and hopefully on Skype before then :smile

Dw i’n gobeithio bydda i’n medru dod i’r cyfarfod. Dw i ddim 'di mynd i’r cyfarfod hwn hyd yn hyn.
I hope I will be able to come to the meeting. I haven’t gone to this meeting so far.

I have done course 1 (old) and level 1 (new) and have random other bits of (bad) Welsh to fill in and to correct.

Bob.